20

The school surprisingly has a number of people inside despite it being a weekend. It won't help in finding those 2 though, especially when I'm rushing.

I pull out my phone to ask Momo where she is, but she isn't cooperating.

"I'm not telling you because you don't have to keep us in check all the time! We're adults as well and we can handle ourselves" she stubbornly replies.

"You don't understand, I need to stop Mina from finding out"

"Finding out what? Don't tell me... you've fallen for her as well!"

"Is she using her phone right now?"

"What? She isn't. I have her phone right now because she's using the bathroom"

"Don't give it to her then, I'm in the parking lot and I need you to give me her phone"

"Why though? Did u accidentally send her a message? It doesn't have any notifications though"

No notifications? Was her mother bluffing, or... I see. Her mother sent the message to her old phone, and they weren't on good terms when Mina got a new one, so her mother never got her contact info.

"I take it back, you don't have to give me her phone, but just make sure you don't do anything stupid with her"

Thankfully, they fought that night, or else this would be a different story. I just need to keep it a secret from Mina that I killed her mother.

"That's odd of you, are you sure?"

"Yes, you two can continue whatever you were going to do. I'll be going back home to scold Nayeon"

I arrive back home and Nayeon still has the confidence to keep her feet on top of the table while watching TV.

"You're back already? I thought you were..."

"Shut up, you should be thankful that I got lucky"

"What happened anyway? Why were you so worried?"

"Now that I think about it, I made a bad decision even though it was necessary. I fucked up Mina's family and I don't know how to hide it forever"

"You killed someone, didn't you? It's been a while since you've killed someone, right?"

"I killed her mom, specifically"

"WHAT?! You do realize that her mother is her only family left?!"

"I know, but it was necessary since she knew too much and she had no intention to negotiate with me"

"Alright, then what do you want to do about it? If Mina finds out..."

"It's inevitable that she'll find out, but at least I can try to present myself as a good person"

"You want to make her think that there's good in you? Start with doing something that she would appreciate then"

"Seems reasonable" The fact that I know that she likes me is going to play a big part here

Mina POV

"So Momo... what do you want to talk about anyway?"

"I wanted to talk about Y/N"

"Why did we have to go to school though? He wasn't home a while ago, so we could have just spoken there"

"I know, but I wanted to ask you what you think of Y/N"

"Me? I think he's a nice person and..."

"And?" she's giving me a lot of pressure for some reason. 

"And he... what do you want me to say?"