21

"By the way, Momo and I broke up" 

It's surprising that he just said that out of nowhere, but he probably just wants to get it off his shoulders. 

"Momo told me about that a few days ago. When you went out, she told me that it didn't work out. Sorry about tha.."

"Oh, well great then. I was worried that you would react badly about it, but ... it just didn't work out with her" he interrupts and he doesn't sound regretful at all. 

"I hope you're fine now, it must have been hard to end your relationship with her"

"Yeah, it was. It's in the past though and I got over it" Again, he's so calm about this. He must have been out of love for a long time. Oddly enough, he lets Momo stay here, and Y/N talks to her as if nothing happened. I can't say the same for Momo though since she always acts anxiously around Y/N now.

"So... what do you have in mind?"

"What do you mean? As in what we want to do right now?"

"No, I mean, are you looking to rebuild yourself before you get into another relationship?"
That was such a stupid thing to ask, now he knows for sure! 

"Another relationship? I don't think I'm ready for one. I need to fix myself before I mess others up"

His answer is still so unpredictable. I can't tell if he just didn't catch me, or if he genuinely doesn't recognize it. How is he so sly?

"I see... good luck then. We both have to focus on school and you have to work as well. What's your job anyway? I know I've asked a lot of times, but you still don't want to tell me"

"It's something I don't talk about. Besides, it's not important that you know"

Dodging the question as usual. Maybe, I should just let him keep his privacy.

"That's what you always say though! It makes me more curious every time"

"I'll tell you in the future. You won't understand right now" I don't understand why he would work when he's so rich and in school. 

  "I'll just ask Nayeon then! You work together right?"

"Don't ask Nayeon. In fact, just don't ask anyone. Just wait until I tell you"

That's disappointing, but I guess I'll go with it. He promises to tell me anyway.

"Fine, I won't. You promise to explain in the future though!" 

I don't think he was listening though, or he was intentionally dodging it. 

"Y/N!! You promise right?!"

"Yes, just stop bothering me about it right now" he's already irritated. "Go do something else for now. I have a lot on my mind right now"

It's almost every day that he has something on his mind. Something so 'important' that he needs to think about it on his own.

He proceeds to walk upstairs as if he had just come back from a long day. Just when I thought he picked me up to hang out, he actually just brought me here for no reason. 

Momo and Sana are probably worried about me, but they haven't said anything yet. Possibly, Y/N already told them?

"Y/N! You just left me alon--" Jeongyeon just started screaming as she entered the house. So Y/N did work, but it's so early.

"Good morning Jeongyeon, where have you been?" 

She ignores my question and proceeds to run upstairs. My curiosity has never been this eager to find out why they're so stressed.