32

"Chaeyoung, I'm outside already. We need to dodge the traffic" I say through the phone. She's, for some reason, taking so long.

"On my way. I'm just getting in the elevator" she replies and ends the call. Her condo is really nice, to be fair. To think that she only stayed at a dorm in college and now lives here in just 5 years.

I proceed to wait a few minutes in silence until she finally enters the car.

"Finally. It took you five minutes to get out of an elevator?" I ask

"When I said I was getting in, I meant I was just about to leave my room. Plus the elevator had to stop by on other floors"

Annoyed by what she said, I step on the gas and start driving slightly above the speed limit.

"Y/N! Why are you driving so quickly?!" she asks as she's holding onto her seat. 

"To compensate for the 5 minutes you wasted"

I only slowed down when I was getting pulled over by a police officer.

"Is there a problem?" I ask as he just stares at me.

"You were driving above the speed limit. You know that right?" He says, leaning over my rolled-down car window.

"Sorry, my passenger here, was just in a rush" Chaeyoung slaps my arm which causes the officer to turn his stare to her.

"Is she your girlfriend?" He surprisingly asks.

"Uh... that's yet to be decided" I replied jokingly.

"Oh... well, I'll have to confiscate your license for that. Don't be speeding next time, unless you're in an absolute emergency" He then gives me a ticket and takes my license. I waved him goodbye with a smile as he walked back to his car.

"Y/N?!?! What the fuck is wrong with you? You wasted 5 more minutes of our time with that! Plus, now you don't have a license! And, you wasted valuable money because of the fine!"

"Now, if you waste five more minutes of my time making me wait for you, I'll be speeding without a license"

"Huh? You'll get arrested if you do that!"

"And so will you. You saw my license get taken away. The fact that you knew that I'm driving without a license is irresponsible of you, isn't it?"

"You cheeky bastard. I regret getting my own driver's license now" She, irritatedly, removes her seatbelt and we exchange seats.

"Wake me up, if you need anything," I say as I put my seatbelt on. I don't know how badly this will backfire, but I trust that Chae won't crash my car and kill us both.

My dream is abruptly ended by Chaeyoung tapping my shoulder.

"We're here. Wake up" She says. I look outside and see the luxurious hotel we're staying at.

"Great, just stop by the main entrance. We'll let the valet do the parking"

I check my watch and we arrived surprisingly early. The time is only, 11:47 am. It was smart to let Chaeyoung drive.

My window suddenly gets a knock from the valet assistant.

"Welcome, may I park your car for you," he asks, the moment I opened my door.

"Definitely, but don't park it too far. We'll be using it again in a few hours" 

I approach the trunk of my car and pull our luggage out.