33

"Chae, let's go. We still have to drive to the venue" She's been doing makeup for an hour or two, yet she's still not ready to leave.

"Almost done, just wait for me in the car outside!" She yells from the bathroom.

I sigh and follow her order. In the meantime, I can probably practice what to say to Mina.

'Hey, Mina. It's been a while'. I think that's too straight forward though.

'How have you been?' Might work, but she probably will walk away.

This seems impossible. I'm gonna look like an idiot if I don't find the right way to start the conversation.

'I know you don't want to talk, but I really want to fix things' 

Just as I say that, Chaeyoung enters the car and stares at me with confusion.

"Are you practicing what to say to Mina?" She asks, holding her laugh in.

"No, that's ridiculous. I was just talking to myself like I normally do"

"So, you tell yourself that you wanna fix things? Out loud even?"

"Is there anything wrong with that?"

"Well, it's weird when you think--"

"Stop, forget you ever saw that. I was talking to myself, that's it"

I start the car and drive to the wedding venue. Despite, the fact she made me wait again, I can't start speeding when I don't have a license anymore. I mean, I can't be speeding even with one.

We arrive at the venue a few minutes later than I expected, but not late for the actual event.

A beach wedding. Common nowadays, but really nice and comforting.

I get out of the car and open the door for Chaeyoung as well. A lot of people are already looking at me, but it's probably because I look familiar to them.

They all start gossiping as soon as I sit down near the front. Probably, surprised about how I spent my time attending this, even though I'm Dahyun's boss.

Suddenly, someone sits down beside me. Catching my attention, I turn to her and she just smiles at me.

"You're Dahyun's mother, right? Wouldn't you be at the back when she enters?"

"I will, but I want to thank you for going. And for giving my daughter a job"

"Don't mention it. She's capable, so I gave her a high-ranking position"

She continues to talk to me and tell me how grateful she is, but I completely lose focus when I see someone leaving in a fairly expensive car. They even have an escort opening the door for them.

Their foot lands on the ground, revealing their high and luxurious heels. Could that be her?

Rich, elegant, and extra are accurate ways to describe her as well. Just then, the person in the vehicle stands up, revealing their identity.

Of course, as I expected, Mina is the person who leaves the car. She's changed her hairstyle as well.

"Well, the event is about to start soon. I have to go to my position" Dahyun's mother says, breaking my stare at Mina.

"See you around," I say, and look back at where Mina was. I watch her walk to her seat, which is on the other side of the middle aisle. Similar to me, other people are staring at her, like how they were staring at me a while ago.