9

I think it would have been better if I just stayed in the car. I pretty much ruined Mina's relationship with her mom. Her mom knew my dad though. She knew him when he was a criminal. Myoui family, just exactly who are you all?

My phone receives a call while I drive back home.

"Yes, who is this?" I answer

"You got a job offer. It's been a while, but it's from a big name and they're offering a good amount" Jeongyeon replies.

"Details? Is it smuggling?"

"Uh... no. It's... assassination"

It's been a while since I've been asked to kill someone. Typically, assassination jobs are entire families, but an individual is typically someone of high caliber.

"Is it more than one person?"

"Nope, it's just an individual"

"Name?"

"The client hasn't given a name yet, but they're asking if we're going to be able to"

An anonymous request and we have to accept the offer before knowing who to kill? That's bullshit.

"Decline it. That's too ridiculous"

"Really? You rarely decline. Especially on an individual assassination job. Actually, you've never backed away from a job like this. What's the matter?" she asks as if she was my boss. Jeongyeon has this duality in her personality where she acts bossy on anything related to work.

"Nothing's wrong. I just don't want to accept an offer without knowing who the target is"

"Y/N, you've accepted jobs like this before. Are you afraid?"

"Afraid of what? Why would I be afraid of a simple job offer?" She's starting to get on my nerves.

"You're not afraid of the requester, but you're afraid of the victim. We're friends and I understand that there are people that you value now, but something like this comes and goes"

People, that I value? I've never heard her sound so ridiculous, it's starting to get frustrating.

"Decline it. Do you not understand that? I don't care who's asking, nor do I care who's the target. Just decline it"

"Fine... you've gotten soft. Is it because of your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?! What are you talking about?"

"I'll decline the offer, but you need to snap out of your fantasy," she says, ending the call. Jeongyeon is talking about Mina, I assume. She doesn't understand that we're not in a relationship, or anywhere close to that.

I arrive back at my place and the place is oddly quiet. I was expecting Nayeon to be scrambling around, or the housekeepers doing some chores, but nothing. I can't even hear people partying on the 3rd floor.

I walk upstairs and see some people on the 2nd floor.

"You, where are the others?" I ask.

"They went out with Jeongyeon"

That bitch took the job. I run upstairs and into Nayeon's room.

"Where did Jeongyeon go?"

"She went out with some of your people, but she didn't specify anywhere"

"She didn't mention anyone specific?"

"Um... she did say something about meeting someone from our school, but that's it"