Chapter One

"Freddy, I'm at the daycare. What do I do now?"
Silence. "Freddy?" he repeated, hesitant. 
Nothing. Where did he go? He was just there a moment ago. Gregory turned to look around the daycare. It was like an inside playground. To be honest, it looked pretty cool. But it was empty, which made it seem a bit creepy. He hoped that Chica wouldn't find him in here. 

"Oh? Who are you?"
A voice came from behind him. Gregory flinched and slowly turned around. He didn't know quite who he was, but it was tall. And... yellow. And had a face that kind of looked like a sun? "You seem a little lost," it told him. 
Gregory stepped back and gulped. An animatronic. Not another one! He was getting tired of this. But... something was different about this one. He didn't chase after him. Instead, this animatronic called him something nobody has ever said before. "Hello, new friend!" the animatronic greeted him.

"What? You're not gonna-- gonna chase after me? Like Chica? And Roxy? or-- or put me in child endangerment?"
Gregory found it hard to put his thoughts into words correctly. Especially when he stood in front of a tall and slender animatronic who may or may not make him disappear, like all the other kids who went missing at this pizzaplex. 
The animatronic tilted his head. "Chica and Roxy? I know them! Why are they chasing you?"

"I don't trust you enough to spill my secrets," Gregory narrowed his eyes at him.
The animatronic raised his hand. "Okay then, I promise that whatever is said in this room stays in this room. No spilling secrets. Scout's honor."
Gregory lifted an eyebrow. "Really?"
The animatronic just smiled at him, unblinking. Probably waiting for a response. 

Gregory eyed him once more before sighing and giving in. "Okay fine. I swear too, then."
The animatronic flashed a bright smile at him. Gregory glanced at his fazwatch, expecting Freddy's soothing voice to speak. But it didn't. 

"I'm Gregory," he told the animatronic, looking back up at him.
"And my name is Sundrop! But most kids called me Sun!"
"Sun? Hm, suits you."
Sun just smiled at him. Maybe that was his "resting face". 

"Um..." Gregory shifted a little. 
This was awkward. It was silent. "So?" Sun leaned forward, "Why are they chasing you?"
Gregory stepped back. "Because the security guard is after me. I don't know her name but-"
"Vanessa?" Sun leaned back and thought for a moment. 
A second later, a puzzled look crossed his face. "Why would she be after you?"

"I don't know. But she really wants me gone. To the point where she was willing to get the other animatronics involved."
Gregory paused and then looked at Sun. Sun just looked back, confused, until the light bulb in his head clicked on. "Ohh. Do-- do you think I'm involved?"
Gregory squinted. Sun sighed. "I had no idea about this whole thing. Trust me, if I was going to catch you, we probably wouldn't be standing here and talking to each other."

Gregory shrugged. "You have a point I guess. And-"
"Gregory? Are you there?" 
Freddy's voice.