Chapter Thirty-Four

Gregory fell to his knees. He was breathing heavily, panicking, but it wasn't real. Fake. Fake. It was all fake. How much of it was fake? When did this happen? How? Why?

Gregory looked up at Moon, his eyes full of helplessness. Moon looked back at him, desperately trying to think of something. While thinking, he forgot he had jumped on Vanny. 

She hadn't, though. Vanny jumped backward so she landed on her back, causing Moon to lose his grip, before somersaulting back to her feet. 

Moon sat up and glared at her, grabbing the knife that was knocked out of her hand. Vanny glared back, yet turned around and retreated. Moon made sure that she was gone before immediately going to Gregory's side. 

"Are you okay?" Moon glanced at the wires sticking out of Gregory's arm. 
Gregory didn't look at him. He just stared on blankly. "I'm not real."

Moon frowned and turned so Gregory could see him. "You are real. Maybe not human, but you certainly are real."
That didn't seem to help very much. Tears filled Gregory's eyes. "This doesn't make sense, Moon. I look and feel and do everything a normal human does. How am I still made of wires?"

"I can answer that," a voice from behind them spoke up. 
Gregory and Moon looked, and there stood Freddy.