Chapter Twenty-Three

Chica opened her eyes slowly, just waking up from being unconscious. Carefully, she looked around. Where am I? she thought. The room kind of looked like an interrogation room. She hadn't seen this room before. Then she suddenly remembered everything.

Freddy.

Vanessa.

Was that whole thing a trap? Chica felt a pang of regret as doubt clouded her mind. Was Freddy behind it? Chica shook her head and stood up. She had no right to assume anything, especially about her friend. She glanced around again and saw a door. Perhaps it was unlocked?

Chica went over to the door and tried to open it, but it didn't budge. She hesitated and tried again. Nothing. She sighed and slid down to the floor. "Oh, Freddy, please don't be behind this..."

Just then, a voice echoed through a speaker in the corner of the room. Right under it was a camera. A security camera. "Hello there, Chica," the voice spoke.
It kind of reminded her of... "Vanessa?" Chica widened her eyes.
"Wow, you learn fast," Vanessa spoke again.
The tone in the security guard's voice sent chills through Chica.

"What do you want?" Chica asked, furrowing her eyebrows at the camera.
"Well-" Vanessa started, but stopped.
Then another voice interrupted her. "Vanessa, don't hurt her."
Freddy!!! Chica smiled. His voice started a fire of hope inside her.

But Vanessa had the bucket of water.

Suddenly the door handle clicked and Chica scrambled away from it. The door opened in a flash, and Freddy was thrown inside. It closed as quickly as it had opened. Chica rushed over to his side. "Freddy! Are you okay?"
Freddy gave her an exhausted thumbs up. Chica hugged him. "I knew you were still our Freddy!!!"
The bear's eyes widened and he hugged her back for a quick moment before letting go.

He furrowed his eyebrows, emphasizing that he was being serious. "We have a problem. You know how I told you about Vanessa's costume and her being Vanny?"
Chica nodded slightly, and he went on. "Well, she's planning to hurt all of our friends, including Gregory. And- and once she's done... she's going to set fire to the building"