Chapter Five

Gregory eyed the security badge, wondering if what Sun said was true. He stepped forward before hesitating and glancing at the watching animatronic. "Go on," Sun encouraged him. 
Gregory looked back at the badge sitting on the desk. Then, without another thought, he reached out and grabbed it. 

Nothing happened. Gregory glanced at the badge in his hand, then at Sun. "Um-" 
Suddenly, the lights went off. Everything was dark. Gregory had lost his flashlight. But then he remembered that he dropped it here. Gregory kneeled on the ground and searched for it with his hands.

Eventually, he finally grasped his flashlight and turned it on. In front of him stood Sun. But... it wasn't Sun. Gregory angled the flashlight so the light shone on the animatronic's face.

It wasn't Sun.

Sun-not-Sun leaned forward, into his face. Gregory stepped back. "You're not Sun."
The animatronic laughed. "No, I'm not. Quite the opposite, really. My name is Moon. And you must be the kid Sun is risking our lives for."
Gregory tilted his head in confusion. "Lives?" 
Moon sighed and put his arms behind his back, getting out of Gregory's face. "Gosh, you're such a child. If Sun gets caught helping you, we're both scrap." 

Gregory widened his eyes. "You're the same person!"
"Not quite," Moon shrugged. "More like we're trapped in the same body but at different times."
"So... you come out when it's dark?" 
Moon gave a small nod. "Yes, Gregory. Obviously."

Gregory took a step back and narrowed his eyes at him. Moon lifted an eyebrow. "The heck are you doing? Why are you looking at me like that?"
"How did you know my name?" 
Moon squinted at him, frustrated. "You'll know when you're smart enough to listen." 

Gregory examined his face. Moon was kind of like Sun but with a nighttime hat on. And red eyes. And an evil-looking stupid face. Moon looked Gregory up and down with a judgemental face. "What?" Gregory furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh nothing," Moon waved his hand. "It's just... I wish the child who has the power to scrap us wasn't so small and scrawny." 
Gregory let out an offended gasp. "Ouch! I like Sun more. He's better." 
Moon crossed his arms. "Cry about it, bi-"

Gregory plugged his ears. "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" 
Deep down inside Moon's head, Sun was mentally slapping his forehead in despair and disappointment.