Chapter Twenty-Seven

As time slowly ticked by, the plan started to become clear. Gregory sipped a drink that Sun had gotten for him as he listened to the plan over and over again. They reviewed it so many times that Gregory wouldn't be surprised if Vanessa would have heard it. 

"So," Chica started, obviously planning to run through it once again. 
"I think we've heard it enough," Monty interrupted her. 
"But we need to make sure," she objected.
Monty stayed silent and just narrowed his eyes at her.

Sitting next to Gregory, Sun twitched. Gregory glanced at him. "Are you okay?"
Sun looked back at him. He opened his mouth to speak but twitched again. This time it was more aggressive. Gregory furrowed his eyebrows in concern. "Sun?"
"Something... is wrong," Sun finally managed to get out.
"What is it? Do you need to recharge? Is it Moon?" 

When Sun tried to speak again, he glitched out once more before going limp. Gregory shook him. "Sun? Sun are you okay?"
Everyone's eyes turned to them and Chica rushed over. "What's wrong?"
Gregory blinked back tears. "I- I don't know... He- he was glitching- or something- then he just powered down!"

Chica widened her eyes. "Gregory, get back."
Gregory was about to question her, but then Sun slowly started to darken. He let out a sigh of relief as the change finished. "It's just Moon." 
"No, it's not. This happened to me too. The glitching, I mean," Chica shook her head. "I thought they were safe..."

"What?" Gregory stared up at her. 
Chica quickly scooped up the child and stepped away from Moon. She glanced around at everyone else. "We need to go."
Bonnie stood up and twitched his ears nervously. "Why? What's going on?"

Chica hesitated and shot a quick glance at Freddy before answering. "Vanessa's put a button on Sun and Moondrop."