Chapter Fifty-Three

Fire. Smoke. Burning animatronics. Gregory stared in horror as he watched these events unfold...

30 minutes earlier

"She's not here," Gregory sighed, looking around in Vanny's hideout. 
Moon had changed back to Sun again since it was lighter now. Sun shrugged. "We can check her office too. There's not much she can do since we know what she's planning. Plus, she doesn't have Freddy."

They all turned to Freddy, who was brought back by Chica. He didn't notice, though. He was too busy examining the arcade machine. Roxy met eyes with Chica and they gave each other a glare.  Sun side-walked his way over to Roxy. "Hey, you two need to talk it out. If we're going to stop Vanessa together, we can't be fighting."

Roxy raised an eyebrow at him with narrowed eyes but gave in anyway. With a sigh, she walked over to Chica and dragged her out of Vanny's room. 

Before Roxy could open her mouth to speak, Chica held up her hand. "Stop. I know what Sun said. You want to talk it out."
Chica's narrowed eyes told Roxy not to talk, so she simply just nodded. Chica put her hand down and softened her gaze. "I know you're convinced that Freddy is horrible and can't be redeemed. But remember, he did all of that for us."

Roxy twitched her ear, wondering if it was safe to talk yet. Chica went on. "But-"
"You believe he's the same Freddy as before," Roxy finished. 
Chica stared at her for a moment before nodding. "Exactly. But- what about you?"
Roxy looked at her. "I'll hold my judgment. But just know that I'll be watching him closely. And I won't be as tolerant if he lays a hand on you or the others."
Chica smiled. "Thank you, Roxy."

Roxy smiled back but Bonnie interrupted their talk. "I'm sorry to intrude, but we have a problem."
Roxy and Chica gave each other a worried glance before following him back into Vanny's room. The others were staring wide-eyed at a computer screen. "What's going on?" Chica walked up and pushed her way through them. 

She gasped as her gaze landed on the computer. On the screen, Vanessa was holding a gasoline jug and some kind of remote. Monty growled and grabbed Freddy, pushing him against the wall. "What is she doing!?" he growled.
Freddy stared at him. "I-I don't know! She never told me any of her plans!"
"You MUST know!" Monty narrowed his eyes at him. 

"I don't, I swear!" Freddy tried to push Monty away but he was a very buff gator. 
Suddenly, an arm reached out and yanked Monty back.  Monty whipped around but hesitated when he saw it was Bonnie. Bonnie shook his head. "He's telling the truth."
"How do you know?" Monty's voice was still tense, but calmer than before.
"I can see it in his eyes," Bonnie replied cooly, giving a brief nod to Freddy.

Monty furrowed his eyebrows a bit but sighed and backed off. Gregory jumped up on the desk. "What are we all waiting for!? Obviously, she's planning to start a FIRE!! What else would she use a lighter and gasoline for? HER CAR!? DIY HACKS??" 
Everyone stared with wide eyes at him. Gregory went on. "GOSH, we have to GO and STOP HER if we ever want to SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN!!!"

Everyone started to rush out of the door. Gregory gave a smug smile. And for a minute, he felt like a military commander. Sun nodded proudly. "That's my son."
"Come on, Sun," Gregory jumped off the desk, but Sun reached out and grabbed him.
"Now let's go. Hold on tight," Sun rushed after the others after he had put Gregory on his shoulders.