Chapter Forty-Nine

DJ Music Man, otherwise known as DJMM, tried as hard as he could to either squash or capture each and every one of them. Yet they had both speed and strength. And a bystander.

Gregory hated to stand on the sideline, but he also knew that he was the source of Vanessa's plan. None of this would have happened if his programming never got messed with. That would mean that Vanessa would do anything to get her hands on him. He was the key to more missing kids. More worried parents. More guilt. More power to Vanessa. He couldn't let that happen. So, while the others fought, he just stood there. And gosh, was it awkward. 

"DID YOU GET THE ROPE!?" Monty called to Bonnie. 
"YES!" Bonnie called back, tossing the rope to him and Roxy. 
Monty took one end of the rope while Roxy took the other. Bonnie's goal was to distract the DJ. And he did this by doing cartwheels, singing the DJ's most hated song, doing jumping jacks, and mocking him with weird faces. It worked. The DJ got SUPER mad. 

However, while Bonnie was distracting him, Roxy and Monty wrapped the rope around the DJ's legs. So when they all pulled, the rope tightened around his legs, causing him to fall to the ground. Monty climbed up and took off his headphones. They were heavy, but Monty was a muscly man, so he was able to pick them up.

Carefully and quickly, he messed with the headphones, clicking and turning something on them. Then, Monty put the headphones back on the DJ's head and jumped down. Bonnie reached out his hand to help Monty climb back down. Not even a minute later, the DJ started to calm down. And eventually, he fell asleep.

"What did you do?" Chica asked, turning to Monty.
He shrugged. "I just put on his favorite lullaby."
Moon, who had tied the knot for the rope, went over to Gregory. "Are you okay?"
"I should be asking you that," Gregory replied, noticing the scratches on Moon's body.

Moon thought for a moment. "Physically, I'm fine. Mentally? That's questionable."
"If you're all done," Monty growled, "We need to get going."
"Right, right," Moon took Gregory's hand and they followed as the others went on.