Chapter Eighteen

Bonnie just blinked at her. "Roxanne?"
Roxy just gave him a quick and silent nod. "I need you, Bonnie."
"Why??"
"One name," she straightened her posture. "Montgomery." 

Bonnie's eyes widened and his face immediately lit up. "MONTY??"
If he had a tail, it would DEFINITELY be wagging right now, Moon remarked, amused. Sun ignored him once again. But it was true, nobody could deny that.

Roxy placed her hands on her hip. "Yeah, that's what I said. He really needs you."
Bonnie started walking. "Alright then, let's go."
Sun and Chica gave each other a confused glance. "Aren't you wondering what happened?" Chica asked. 

Bonnie paused and looked at her. "Not really. It doesn't matter at the moment. You can give me context after I see Monty."
Sun, Chica, Gregory, and Bonnie followed Roxy's lead since they figured that Bonnie had forgotten the way because of how long he'd been gone.

Eventually, the group reached Monty's room. The crashing sounds had stopped, which made Roxy anxious. The empty space where the door had once been was boarded up. "Stand back," Roxy smiled and stretched before taking a few steps back. 

Everyone obeyed and watched as Roxy once again broke the quote-on-quote door. They peered inside and saw Monty, who hadn't even flinched or looked at the broken boards. "Monty," Roxy stepped inside and everyone followed. 

Monty didn't look. "I thought I said to go away, Roxanne." 
Roxy furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms. "Would you say that to Bonnie?" 
Monty snapped his head around to glare at her, but his eyes widened at the sight of Bonnie. For a moment, they only stared at each other. Then, Monty leaped onto the bunny, giving him a big hug. 

Bonnie was knocked to the floor because of the gator's huge hug. "BONNIE! Oh my GOSH BONNIE I MISSED YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!" Monty buried his head into Bonnie's shoulder.
Bonnie let out a small laugh. "I missed you too, Monty."
"They blamed me," Monty squeezed his eyes shut, forgetting everyone else was there. "Everyone thought I did it, all because I had your sunglasses."

Bonnie gently pushed Monty back and placed his star-shaped sunglasses on him. "There. These aren't mine anymore. They're yours now."
Monty sniffed like he was gonna cry, or had been crying. "Really? Are you sure?"
Bonnie nodded. "Besides, they look better on you."
The two hugged each other again. 

So, one singular bunny makes the most aggressive animatronic turn soft, Moon observed. Sun agreed silently. Then, Monty glanced up, remembering everyone else exists. "Oh."
He cleared his throat and shifted awkwardly away from Bonnie. Bonnie just laughed. "That was so adorable," Chica smiled and pretended to wipe a tear from her eye. 
Roxy looked away and Gregory suspiciously eyed Bonnie. 

Monty looked at Bonnie again. "Did they tell you everything?"
Bonnie shook his head. "I wanted to see you first."
Monty seemed to melt at that but tried hiding it. He didn't do a good job at that. "Would now be a good time to explain everything now?" Sun asked.
Bonnie nodded. Monty stood up and held out his hand for Bonnie. Bonnie took it and the gator helped him up. Monty gestured towards the couch. "Let's get comfy first."