Chapter Seven

Just as they stepped outside the daycare, Sun stopped. "I forgot," he looked at Gregory. "At some points, all the power will be diverted to the recharging thingies, and all lights will turn off. Moon will come out in those times."
Gregory groaned. "I don't like Moon. He's mean."
EXCUSE YOU.

Moon's sudden voice made Sun want to laugh, but he held it back. "He heard you."
Gregory crossed his arms. "Good."
Sun let out his rising laugh before grabbing Gregory's hand again and leading him down the stairs. Chica's voice could be heard near them. "It's Chica," Gregory glanced around nervously.
"Her voice is very recognizable."

Sun glanced down and patted Gregory's head. "It'll be fine, Greg."
"Ew. Please don't call me that ever again. It makes me sound like an old man." 
Sun gasped, offended. "It's a great name! Oh, wait-- quickly. Hide."
Gregory rushed and hid in one of those race car-looking things laying around everywhere.

Chica staggered by. "Oh, hi Chica!" Sun smiled and waved at her.
She didn't answer. She just looked around before slumping off again. Sun tilted his head and his smile disappeared. Gregory waited until she went up the stairs again before showing himself again. "Come on, Sun! We have to go before she sees me."

Sun furrowed his eyebrows and thought for a moment. "Something's wrong with Chica."
"It doesn't matter right now, Sun! We have to go!" 
"Right," Sun nodded slightly and led Gregory out of the area.
But Chica didn't leave his mind, and Moon had to put up with it. 

Oh my stars, Sun, forget it. Chica is fine, Moon complained. 
But she'd usually wave and smile back and we'd talk about our day-
"Um, Sun-" Gregory interrupted, "Why did you stop?"

Sun shook himself out of his thoughts and blinked at Gregory. "Oh. I did? Oh! It's because we're here. This is where you make pizza."  
Gregory looked around. "Really? It's not pretty."
Sun nodded in agreement. "Doesn't matter though. Anyway, come on Sunlight! Let's go make pizza!"

"Here's the dough," Sun handed the dough to Gregory.
Gregory walked around, looking for the sauce. "Over here!" Sun waved at him. 
Gregory rushed over, careful not to drop the dough in his hands. "Wow! Thanks!" 
Sun nodded proudly as Gregory let the machine spray sauce on. Gregory smiled slyly and side-eyed Sun. 

Sun had his eyes closed. But they quickly opened when he felt something splash on his face. He wiped it off and looked at his finger. Red. Saucy red. He squinted at Gregory, who was spreading the sauce on the dough, whistling. 

Sun flicked some sauce at him before quickly running away and hiding behind a machine. He tried to keep back a laugh as Gregory looked around, an angry expression on his face. When Sun looked for Gregory again, he wasn't there. Sun raised an eyebrow. "Gregory?" 

Then a laugh sounded from behind him. Sun snapped his head towards the laugh but ended up getting sauce splashed all over his face again. "GREGORYYYY!!!"
Moon laughed at him from inside his head. "MOONNN!!! YOU GUYS!! STOP LAUGHING AT ME! I feel HUMILIATED!"
Gregory only laughed harder, to the point where he dropped to his knees and held his stomach. "ARE YOU CRY-LAUGHING?? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS!!!"