Chapter Forty-Four

Gregory sat on the ground, his arms wrapped around his legs. Sun sat by him, casting him a few worried glances every now and then. Finally, Sun spoke. "Are you okay?"
It took a minute for Gregory to respond. "I'm scared."
Sun let out a small sigh. "I know. But we'll be okay. We have each other."

Gregory looked up at him. But the look in his eyes made Sun feel it as well. Then there was sudden laughter. Sun quickly stood to his feet while Gregory stayed where he was. "Vanessa, I'm guessing," Sun looked around, searching for her.

"Half right," the voice came again. 
From the darkness emerged the rabbit lady, Vanny. Vanny reached for her head and pulled it off. Underneath was Vanessa's head. She was grinning evilly. Sun narrowed his eyes. "Why are you doing this?"

Vanessa let out a laugh again and set down the rabbit mask. "Oh, you know! The sense of control makes me feel powerful and all that!" She paused and something gleamed in her eye. "I thought you'd know that because of the movies put on for the kids at the daycare."

Sun glared at her. "I know what you're doing."
Vanessa crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow challengingly. "Oh really?"
She glanced at Gregory. "You."
"Don't talk to him," Sun growled and blocked her view of him. 

"Don't think I didn't know that you were the one who messed with him," Vanessa narrowed her eyes at him. 
"Good thing I did, you monster! You would have used him! What did you do to my friends?" 
Vanessa seemed to be getting irritated. "Okay, you know what? This has been time consuming enough."

She went over to the computer thing and pressed a few buttons. Just then, not even a minute after, some machines went up to Sun and grabbed his arms and legs, securing him into place. Another machine went up to him. Sun struggled, but nothing worked. 

The machine clicked something, and suddenly, Sun powered down. The button! Gregory quickly got to his feet to rush over to Sun's side, but another machine wrapped around him, assuring that he wasn't going anywhere. Vanessa stepped into the cylinder.

"Shame," she shook her head slowly, looking at Sun. "But all good things must come to an end. I knew Freddy would obey me in the end."
Gregory tried to fight his way out of the machine's grasp but it was hopeless. He was stuck. "What are you gonna do?"
Vanessa looked at him and smiled. "Nothing for you to worry about. I'm just gonna disassemble him and make something better out of him."