Chapter Fifty-Eight (FINAL)

Gregory shook Sun. "Sun, wake up. Wake up, please."
He bent over his limp body, giving up all hope. Then he heard steps in front of him. Hope flared inside him again. Maybe it was one of the others.

But when he looked up, he just saw Vanessa with the smuggest smile he's ever seen. 

"You did this," Gregory's voice cracked. 
Vanessa smiled silently. Then she pulled out a knife. "Now you can join him."
"I'd like to..." Gregory paused. "But I am NOT leaving you here to prey on more innocent children."

Vanessa raised an eyebrow. "Really? What are you gonna do?"
Gregory shakily stood up, his eyes glowing with rage. "I know you programmed me to fight."
That got her attention. She furrowed her eyebrows. Gregory went on. "You did it so that when I caught someone, I could keep them from running away."

Vanessa held her gaze for a moment before sighing. "Fine, yeah, I did. How do you know that? I thought all your memories were gone."
Gregory narrowed his eyes. "I saw my blueprint."
"Ah, I had forgotten about that," Vanessa shrugged. 

"That's it? That's your reaction?" Gregory tightened his fists.
Vanessa laughed. "Did you think it would be some kind of dramatic reveal?"
Gregory didn't answer, which fed Vanessa's satisfaction. Suddenly, he bolted forward and reached out for the knife. 

But Vanessa pulled the knife up and Gregory fell to the ground. She pinned him down with her foot. "Nice try. Now say goodbye," Vanessa tried to stab him in a vital area, but he kicked her foot off and rolled so that he could catch the knife before it landed. 

Vanessa pushed forward more, trying to push past his defense. But Gregory held it steady. It was going nowhere. "Just GIVE UP!! YOU HAVE NOBODY LEFT!" Vanessa's booming voice hurt Gregory's ears. 

"NO!" Gregory tried pushing her away with his feet. "I'M NEVER GOING TO GIVE UP!! NOT UNTIL YOU ARE LYING LIMP ON THE GROUND!!!"
That startled Vanessa so much that her grip loosened. Gregory snatched the knife out of her hands and kicked her down. 

She landed on the ground and Gregory put his foot near her neck. It would choke her and slowly drain her strength. Gregory looked down at her expression with dark eyes. "I'll remember your expression right before I die," he raised the knife. 

He aimed carefully and with one motion, the knife rapidly came down and impaled her chest. Only a second went by before red blood spilled through her white shirt and onto the ground. She made a sickening choking noise and not long went by before her eyes darkened and her body laid lifelessly on the pavement. 

Gregory huffed and took the knife out once he made sure that her pulse had stopped. Sirens could be heard from around the corner. Good. Gregory held the knife between his hands and sat down by her body. The police would definitely end his life. What a devious plan. With all his friends gone, he had nothing else to live for. 

So he simply would wait until death came to him.