Chapter Four

Gregory sat at the end of a slide, resting his head on his hands. He couldn't believe what Sun had said. There is no way that Freddy would ever betray him...right? He sighed, unsure of what to believe. I guess it was true that he hadn't known Freddy that long. But he hadn't known Sun that long either. Could he really trust him?

"Gregory!" Sun's voice came from behind him. 
Gregory turned and looked over his shoulder. Sun was at the top of the slide. "I'm coming down!" 
Gregory quickly stood up and moved out of the way as the way-too-tall animatronic slid down the slide. He landed on the ground with a thud. Gregory held back a small laugh. 

Sun quickly scrambled to his feet and looked at him with a desperate expression. "Gregory! I found you! Hello, are you okay?"
Gregory blinked. "I'm in denial."
Sun picked him up and gave him a big hug. It was probably an attempt to comfort him. Then he let go and put him back down on the ground gently. "I'm so sorry that I sprung that on you out of nowhere."

"Sun-" Gregory let out barely a word before the animatronic kept rambling on. 
"I mean-- you're-- you're just a kid! What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here, oh my radiation and flower petals, this is dangerous!"
Gregory opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't. Sun put his hands on Gregory's shoulders. "You need to go home. Wait- what exactly was Freddy quote-on-quote helping you with?"

Silence. Finally. Sun will let him talk. Gregory took this chance immediately. "Sun, you need to calm down. And Freddy was helping me get out of this place. The doors closed and- and- wait..."
Sun tilted his head. "What is it?" 
Gregory fell to his knees, wearing a blank expression. "Why was he having me do all this? All we needed to do was wait until the doors opened again... there was no need to go through all this- this danger. Wait. Danger."

He paused and looked up at Sun. "Danger. If he was putting me through so much danger, why was I sent here...?"
Sun looked away and shifted nervously. "Um..."
Sun, are you really not gonna tell him about me? 
Moon's sudden voice made Sun jump a little. Gregory wouldn't let that be unnoticed. He narrowed his eyes.

"Come on, Sun. I trusted you, now you have to trust me. Tell me."
Sun let out a deep breath. "Okay... follow me."
Gregory raised an eyebrow, confused, but followed Sun out of the playset and back to the desk. Sun stopped by the security badge. Gregory glanced at it, tempted to take it. Sun noticed. 

"It's rigged. I don't know how, but if you take this badge, the lights will shut down."
Gregory shrugged. "I know I'm a kid, but I'm not scared of a little darkness."
That was a lie. He didn't want anyone to know, though. 

Sun let out a breath. "You don't understand. It's not about the dark. It's what's in it."
At that, a twinge of fear sparked into Gregory's mind. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Sun took a step back and gestured towards the security badge with his hand. "Why don't you find out?"