Chapter - 13

Sean Peterson's POV :

It's been four months since Massimo Knight have warned I and Daniel about Jenifer. From that day am meeting my sister almost everyday to make sure that she is safe and guarded. Right now, I and Daniel is returning home from airport. We both have been to Florence for inaugurating our new five star hotel. Usually, wherever we go our guards will protect us from forth and back. This is how our security check have been organised. The same way we are traveling today also. When we both were discussing about business and stuff, suddenly the car which was paving us path stopped with a jerk. Both of our heads snapped to the front from our laptops.

" What's wrong, Matto ?". I enquired my driver who's also my personal bodyguard.

" Lemme check, Sir. Give me a minute ". He replied me and stepped outside the car.

I and Daniel returned our attention back to our laptop. In the meanwhile, my driver came to us and peeked inside through the window. " Sir, the path have been blocked. I will go have a look and will take some time to clear the way for us. You both stay inside the car until I come back, Sir ". Matto informed me and I nodded my head in response.

Few minutes passed. Then one hour passed and almost Daniel started dozing off. But still we are stuck in the same place. I started losing my patience.

" Who the heck blocked the way in the middle of the highway ?". I cursed to myself and stepped out of the car to check the issue by myself. I could see some barrels, tyres on the road everywhere and few car's were also parked in zigzag.

" Matto, I want to have a talk with the traffic in charge of this particular boundary level right now !". I ordered my driver. " Someone have created this huge mess in the middle of the highway and what these officers are doing ?".

My driver immediately nodded his head and tried to connect the officer to my line. While I was just standing there and inspecting the surrounding carefully, I felt something wrong and suspicious. It feels like a trap. I clear my throat and turned my head towards my car and saw Daniel stepping out of the car.

" Daniel, I'll handle this. You stay inside". I ordered him but he kept walking towards me.

" Are you deaf or what? I telling you to stay inside the damn car !". I scolded him when he reached near me and stood beside me. He didn't say anything but yawned lazily.

He will never listen to me .

I slammed my head and stepped towards the barrels to examine them. Daniel sat on the front of our car and removed his suit coat. I touched the barrels and felt oil all over on it. My hands turned dirty and when I was about to turn back to ask tissues from Daniel, he came running to me and hugged me tightly.

What does he want now? Why is he hugging me all of a sudden?

" What's wrong, Daniel? Step away from me ". I frowned and tried to pushed him through his shoulders but I stilled when he screamed in pain.

What the hell ?

My eyes snapped open when I saw blood on my palm and that was Daniel's. My heart literally stopped and I couldn't think straight. With a sudden shock I moved my eyes towards his shoulders and saw blood oozing out from there. He gripped his shoulder with his other arm and fell on the ground. He was twisting and turning in pain. I kneed down beside him and removed my suit coat to cover his wound. "Dani... Dan... Daniel !". My words shuttered. He didn't listen to me. He kept screaming in pain.

Before I could realise things, Matto came running towards me. " Sir, get inside the car. There is a sniper around ". He informed me and rushed towards the bushes far from us along with a few more guards. That's when I understood about what happened.