Chapter - 43

Daniel Adams POV :

I was too impatient and tapping my fingers on the hand rest of my seat in the plane and starring at the windows. I've never been this much scared in life before. The fear of losing  someone whom we love the most is worse than death.

"We are here!". As soon as Sean uttered those words when we landed in the East Siberian taiga, I unbuckled my seat belts and stormed out of the plane.

As I stepped on the grass, all I could see is a scary woodland right infront of my eyes. There is tall redwood tress all over and cranberry trees were also grown in between the mighty old redwoods. Looking at the sight infront of my wandering eyes, I become more nervous about how am gonna find my wife in this forest!

"The basement Caitlyn mentioned is somewhere inside this forest and we have to walk because the density of the trees makes it difficult for the vehicles". Sean said as he stood beside me.

"No matter what! I am not going home without my wife". I rolled my sleeves up till my biceps and started walking inside the forest with Sean and our bodyguards following me from behind. We also have our team searching for Jenifer from different parts of this huge forest in helicopters.

After almost an hour of searching for Jenifer, I heard someone yelling from far away. "Jeniferrrrr... Come back or else I won't think twice before shooting you with a sniper". I halted in my steps when I heard Damian's voice and my head turned here and there to see if he is somewhere near me.

"Sniper? Oh shit!". Sean yelped and ordered the guards to go in different directions to stop him from doing anything worse.

My heart literally sank into my stomach because he have already shot  me with a sniper and I can't imagine my Jen going through the same pain. She don't deserve pain and she has my child growing inside her! Taking a deep breath, I ran in the direction from where I heard his voice and Sean followed me too.

My breath hitched in my throat, when I saw my tiny fragile girl hiding behind a Giant Sequoia tree and panting heavily. Only her right shoulder and the side of her face is visible to my eyes. I stopped running and touched my chest because my heart started thudding fast. "She is safe and alive!". I muttered to myself as if trying to calm my lost self.

Blinking my tears, I wiped my face with my hands and looked at her shivering and scared self. I sensed how much scared she is and I couldn't even bring my voice to call her and tell that I am here.

I took one step forward and heard Damian's loud voice again somewhere far from us. Guess, she escaped and he is searching for her!. "Fuck, she is not alone this time. I am with her, Damian!". I muttered to myself angrily and gritted my teeth.

On hearing his voice, she touched the lower of her tummy and started running again even without turning her head behind. I didn't waste any time and ran behind her to stop her because I was afraid that she might fall down and break her legs. When I reached near her, I grabbed her wrist and she cried.

"Noooo...". She screamed and tried to pull her hand from my hold without knowing that it's her Daniel.

I pulled her towards me and her face hit my chest. For a second, she panted heavily and then looked up at my face. When I saw her face, my whole world came down crashed and without my consent my fingers touched her cheeks. Her half face was swellen and bruised. There was finger prints in her cheeks and a bite mark on her neck. Her lips were also swellen and her eyes was red as tomato. It literally broke my heart because her face clearly tells that how much she suffered in past three days.

I kept looking at her face with tears rolling down and she slowly lifted her hand up and touched my face with her shivering fingers and starred into my eyes as if trying to believe in the sight infront of her and then a huge smile appeared on her lips.