Chapter - 45

Daniel Adams POV:

"It's.... it's Daniel's father, Mr. Alessandro Adams!". She revealed and my heart literally stopped beating.

"What do you mean?".

I asked her in uttered shock. Taking deep breath, she held my hands in hers and explained me everything.
Now, everything connects. My family is the only people who knows the password to my penthouse and that's how he easily barged in. But how could he do this to me?

Jenifer is my wife and he knows how much I love her! Still, he wants to separate us for what? For his so called status? Because of him, she almost become deaf! She almost lost her life! And how many times he will let me down for money?

Gritting my teeth, I took a step away from her but she held my wrist tightly. "No, Daniel! Let it go, please". She pleaded me and I shook my head.

"Let it go? Seriously? I ALMOST LOST YOU, JEN!". I yelled at her angrily.

She flinched and hugged me tightly. "But confronting your father will only break this family". She tried to convince me and I pulled her from me.

"Family? He is never been into this family". I snapped at her.

"What about mom? We all know how much she loves your dad". She spoke and I closed my eyes in frustration.

My mom is still unaware of everything that happened since she left Milan. I wanted to choke my father to death but it will break my mom completely if she comes to know that he let me down again.

Sighing, I opened my eyes to look at my wife. "He hurt you badly and stabbed me at my back. Still, you want me to forgive him?".

"For your mother, you have to!". She said and my eyes lingered on her face 
consciously.

My girl is the kindest and I could never ask for more because she is the whole package of happiness and love to me!

Nodding my head, I kissed her forehead. "How he had the heart to hurt you?". I mumbled and few tears dropped from her eyes.

She sniffed and lowered her head. "It's not your dad that hurt me badly! It's Freddie who broke in the worst way possible". She uttered and my eyes widen.

"Freddie?". Came Stacy's voice as she stepped forward and looked at Jen in confusion.

"Yes!". She gave a small nod and cried.  Pulling to into a hug, I let her explain everything.

"He....he came for Stacy but accidentally pulled his trigger on Emily....". She sobbed and I held her tightly.

"If not Emily, I would have lost Stacy! How I could chose between my two best friends?". Her broken voice brought tears in my eyes.

"Je......Jen?". Stacy shuttered and her whole face turned red because of the tears she is holding back.

"Stan, I would never afford to lose you but also, our Emily didn't deserve this! Can you believe, he took her life by mistake?". She asked Stacy and pulled away from me.

"Emily lost her life to save you and I don't know whether to be proud of Em or to cry because she couldn't save herself!". She hugged Stacy and cried in her embrace.

Stacy didn't cry or move an inch. Just standing there like a lost child, with her gaze fixed on the floor. Walking towards them, I gently pulled my wife towards me from Stacy and cupped her face.

"I am proud of you because you showed him what death tastes like and bought justice to our Emily!".

I really meant my every words and she wiped her tears. Embracing my wife in my one hand, I opened my other hand for Stacy. She looked at me and hesitated. Blinking her eyes, she shook her head and stromed out of my penthouse.