Chapter - 23

Author's POV:

"What happened? Why there is blood all over your dress?" Daniel broke his hug and asked his love. He was more than panicked when he heard Jenifer crying and calling for him in the call.

"Em... Emily... Something happened to Emily". She cried and he hands couldn't hold Ezme anymore because she was shivering. Sean took Ezme in his hands and cooed his sister.

"Jen, relax! Calm down. Tell me what happened clearly?". Sean asked her softly.

"I don't know, Sean. She was bleeding heavily when I got home. I tried to make her look at me but she didn't even open her eyes and....and everything was broken in our dorm. Windows, door knob, Ezme's toys that you bought for her. Everything... everything was shattered on the floor". She managed to say in between her sobs.

Daniel and Sean couldn't figure out anything because they were equally confused. Sean called his driver, Matto, to take Ezme home because the poor baby started crying for milk. "Matto, take Ezme home and tell mom to take care of her until we come back". Sean informed his driver and he went away with Ezme.

"Jen, what did doctor said?". Daniel asked her after Matto left.

"No one is responding to me, Daniel". She cried even more and her face turned red.

"Jen, come here". Sean gestured her to come closer to him and she immediately nuzzled her face into his chest and hugged him. "Daniel, you go and ask the doctor about Emily's condition". Sean asked Daniel to do so and Daniel nodded his head and went to the Intensive Care Unit.

"I am scared, Sean". Jen sobbed silently into his arms when Daniel walked away.

"Don't be, sweetheart! Emily is a brave girl and whatever have happened, she is gonna be alright". Sean assured her and patted her back soothingly.

On the other side, Daniel met with the doctors and yelled at them. "What is happening here? Why were you not answering to that poor girl out there about her friends condition?". He asked the female doctor angrily.

"Mr. Adams, we are sorry! That girl was already crying and we couldn't tell her that.....". She hesitated.

"That?". Daniel raised his eyebrows.

"That....that we couldn't save Miss. Fields. Infact, she was already gone even before they reached the hospital". Doctor informed him and he stood there like a statue. She gave him a minute to speak but after sensing that he's not taking any efforts to say anything, the doctor continued.

"We operated a bullet out of her left chest and there is no possibility to survive after receiving a bullet shot straight in the heart". She added and Daniel shook his head.

"What are you trying to say?". He asked like a dump man because he couldn't process what she just told him.

"Mr. Adams, I am so sorry. I know it must be a big loss but you have to stay strong. Inform Miss. Field's family members, so that the further procedures could be done. Excuse me!". She informed him gently and walked away from him slowly.

"Fuck...fuck...fuck...fuckkk...noo...This can't be true!" Daniel screamed and started punching the wall and his knuckles started bleeding.

When he was about to give one more punch, Sean stopped him by grabbing his arms. "What the hell Daniel? What did doctor said?". Sean asked him in confusion after seeing his behavior.

"Someone shot Emily and they couldn't.... couldn't save her". Daniel's voice broke in the end.

"Do...do you even aware of what you are saying?". Sean yelled at him angrily. Daniel didn't say anything but just kept looking at him with tears dropping from his eyes. Sean let go of his arms and stepped back from him.