Chapter - 38

Jenifer Andez's POV:

"Hi, Emily! I bought you your favorite White Lily's". I placed the bunch of flowers on the headstone flower anchor of Emily's grave.

"Mama....mamaaaaa!". Ezme squealed in my arms and I rocked her gently.

"Yeah, baby! That's your real mama, Miss. Emily Fields and she loved you the most!". I told Ezme and she looked at me blankly.

"Youuuu mamaaaa!". She pointed her fingers at my chest and her lower lips started trembling.

I hugged her immediately and she hid her face into my neck and started crying. "I am sorry, Ezme! I am your mama too". I cooed her and she slowly stopped crying.

She might have thought that I am trying to disown her. I can't believe that she understands everything just in the age of one. "Mamma cry?". Her eyebrows furrowed and she asked me.

I smiled and kissed her chubby cheeks. "No baby! I am not crying". I lied because I didn't want to make her sad.

"Maamaa liee?..". She narrowed her brows and I laughed.

How cute?

"Okay, I am sorry! I won't lie and yes, I'm crying because I miss my best friend". I agreed and she turned her head towards Emily's grave.

"Maamaa frend?". She pointed her tiny fingers at Emily's grave.

I gulped my tears and nodded my head. "Yeah, Ezme! She is my best friend and I was her favorite too. When you grow up, I will tell you more about Emily and I swear, you will like her too". I promised Ezme and she squealed happily.

I smiled at her happy face hiding away my pain and stood up from the ground with Ezme. "Im missing you more and you don't have to worry about Ezme because Daniel is taking care of her with all his life. You sleep tight until we meet someday in life again!". I uttered in my low voice and Ezme kept starring at my face to notice whether am crying.

After bidding goodbye to Emily, I walked to our car where Daniel is waiting for us. "You cried again?". He caressed my cheeks with his thumb and asked me softly.

I smiled and shook my head. "No, I didn't!". I lied because Daniel will feel bad if I cry.

"Noooo...mama cry". Ezme squealed before he could believe in my lie.

I slammed my head and he took Ezme from my hands. "I know, princess! Your is not good in hiding the truth. She is too transparent when it comes to her feelings". He told her while looking at me.

I smiled and hugged him. "I am okay, Daniel. Don't worry!". I assured him and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"If my wife is alright, shall we go to your college because it's your graduation ceremony today". He informed and I pulled away from him.

"Yeah! I can't wait to hold my degree in my hand". I chirped and he laughed at me.

"Then what are we waiting for? Come, let's go!". He took my hands in his and took me to the car.

As we reached my college, I saw Stacy grabbing Sean's collars in the parking lot. Frowning, I rushed towards them and Daniel followed me from behind with Ezme in his hands. "What happened, Stacy? Let go of him!". I pulled her away from him and he laughed like a mad person.

Daniel Adams POV:

"Can't you both behave yourself in public? Sean, you are  behaving like a teenager!". I scolded them and yelled at Sean because I know he definitely must have done something to annoy her. He shrugged his shoulders and adjusted his shirt collars.