Chapter - 30

Daniel Adam's POV:

"I met Damian and his father today!". She confessed and I gritted my teeth.

"Mmm... What does they want?". I asked her and she drew small circles on my chest with her fingers.

"His dad, Mr. Massimo Knight, threatened my father to accept his deal!". She said sadly.

"What deal?". I am losing my patience but still I had to remain calm because I don't wanna scare her.

"He...he said, he will invest in our company and double our profit". She said and closed her eyes tightly.

"For that, what is he demanding?". I asked in confusion.

"He demands me to marry his son". She confessed and opened her eyes. Slowly, she titled her head and looked into my eyes.

I clenched my jaws and I tightened my hold on her waist. "As if I'll let that happen!". I yelled angrily.

She jerked and closed my mouth with her palm. "You idiot! My parents might hear you". She scolded me.

Swatting her hands away, I cupped her cheeks and pulled her into a rough kiss. She smiled into the kiss and kissed me back. "You are mine! And about that Damian, you don't have to worry. I'll take care of him". Breaking the kiss, I assured her.

She smiled and laid her head again on my chest. "Not even a bit I am worried because I know I've you with me. I believe in you, Daniel. I know that you will never let anyone hurt me". She replied honestly and closed her eyes tiredly.

I hugged her fragile body with all my life and she nuzzled into my arms completely. My mind was fuming in anger after hearing that he wants to marry my girl. But my heart felt at peace on seeing how softly and peacefully she is laying in my arms.

"Jen?". I called her softly.

"Umm?". She looked at my face and smiled.

"I am gonna ask you something and you should answer me honestly!". I told and she blinked her eyes.

"Sure!". She promised me.

I look into her eyes for a second and gathered my courage. "Jen, I am not good with words. My words may fail to tell you how much you means to me but it doesn't mean I love you any less. I won't say that I had a tough life. I had everything in my life but peace. My father broke me when he sold my emotions and dignity for money. I thought, I would never get over that pain and believe in people again after my own father let me down. I felt like no one would love the real me if I wasn't rich and powerful. So, I ran behind money and almost become a workaholic. Even though, I had mom and Sean with me, still I felt alone in my personal life. I tried to make myself believe that I don't want anyone and that's when I met you". I cupped her face and pecked her lips softly.

"I couldn't sleep that night when I met you for the first time. Your face, tears, trembling lips, the fear you had in your eyes, the way you clutched my shirt and your broken voice, everything kept me awake. At first, I thought it was nothing but only lust. I thought, I might get over you if I get to touch you once. But everything changed when I saw you for the second time crying in my driveway. I couldn't see you with only lust in my eyes. When I got to know that how much hard you were working to keep Emily happy during her pregnancy, I fell for your kind heart". I said and a tear escaped from her eyes when I mentioned Emily. Gently, I wiped her tears and kissed her cheeks.

"You gained a huge respect from me when you hid how my father behaved with you from Sean thinking that it might bring trouble between him and dad. I love the way you care about my family. You know very well that I and Sean will do anything if you will ask but still you never used us for money. This made the respect I have for you in my heart to reach new heights. I am so possessive and proud to call you mine. I fell for you so hardly and deeply, Jen!". I confessed and she smiled with tears in her eyes.