Chapter - 14

Daniel Adam's POV :

" Bang "

My eyes shot opened at the memory of me being shot and I could find myself in a hospital room with doctors surrounding me. I tried to lift myself but suddenly I felt an unbearable pain in the right of my upper body. " Mr.Adams please lay down. Your shoulder bones are injured and you won't be able to lift your right arm for more than a month ". Doctor informed me and adjusted me on the bed again.

More than a month? Fuck! I should have let Sean take the bullet.

I mentally scolded Sean and closed my eyes to gulp down the pain. After an hour, doctors shifted me to a private room. While I was laying alone, my mind rewinded the incident that happened today. I was sitting on the front of car and all of a sudden Matto came running to us and screamed Sean's name. He was pointing out to my right and I turned my head towards that direction. There I saw a sniper loading his gun and aiming it towards Sean from far away. My mind could think straight and I ran towards Sean and shielded him with my body. Then I felt sudden sharp pain in my right shoulder and I already new that I received the shot to save this bastard. But I won't ever regret doing this for Sean because me living without my brother, my best friend is better than dying for him.

After few torturing hours, we reached the hospital and here am your laying on my bed with a pain in my shoulder. I closed my eyes and heard the doors opening sound. When I opened my eyes I saw Sean stepping inside with a blank face. I starre at his face and mentally laughed. Guess he cried because his eyes were puffy and  his entire face was in red colour. He stood beside me and locked his hands inside his pocket and didn't even look into my eyes.

He is acting as if he fell in love with me and shy to look into my eyes.

I laughed silently and cleared my throat before speaking. " You want anything, Mr. Peterson ?". I mocked him.

He rolled his eyes and looked at me finally. " I am the one who should be asking you this !".

" Then ask... Why are you standing here and avoiding eye contact with me ?". I asked him sternly because I already know that he would feel guilty. But he would have also done the same if he was in my place. So there is nothing to be guilty about.

" Umm... How are you feeling now ?". He asked me in his low voice and I chuckled.

" Well, I am feeling happy and super perfect because I have a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I feel like lifting you in my arm and throwing you down from a cliff ". I mocked him again and he smiled in tiny.

" You will never change, Daniel ". He shook his head and smiled at me. " Take rest and I will handle everything ". He informed me gently and I nodded my head.

Then I heard someone's knocking the door and Sean asked that person to walk in. " Who it could be ?". As if to clear my confusion instantly, Jenifer walked inside slowly. I was more than surprised to see her in here. It's been four months since I saw her and now she is standing in front of me but..... but what happened to her? Usually whenever she see me there used to be a small smile on her lips but now her lower lips were trembling. There is no smile. Her face lost all the colours and she looked pale. She didn't look into my eyes like always she used to but she kept staring at the bandages that banded on my shoulder.

Was she crying too? What's wrong with this Brother and Sister duo? They both keep crying and acting in front of me as if they didn't ! But why did she cried? Maybe because her brother was crying or maybe....maybe because am injured? Did she cry for me?

I would never want to see tears in her eyes but the mere thought of her crying 'for me' made my heart to do a happy dance.

"Jen? I didn't know that you were here !". My lips curved into a smile on seeing her.