Chapter - 28

Jenifer Andez's POV:

I have no idea why my dad called me this morning and urged me to take a flight immediately. Usually, I will meet my parents once in a year during my summer vacation. He booked me a flight and Daniel dropped me at airport. As I reached Rome, I saw my dad waiting in the airport and I couldn't wait anymore to hug him. So, I ran towards him and hugged him with all my life.

"Dad! I missed you so much". I chirped happily.

He hugged me back and kissed me on my head. "Welcome back, baby girl! I too missed my one and only daughter!". He smiled at me breaking the hug.

Happily I rubbed his tummy and laughed. "Oh my God, Mr. Liam Andez, you gained a lot of weight. Look at your tummy!". I teased him.

Swatting my hands away, he frowned. "Stop saying things like that in public. There are beautiful girls here and you can't insult me infront of them". He sulked and I couldn't help but smile.

"Are you trying to cheat on, momma?". I raised my eyebrows at him to threaten him.

He winked and whispered in my ears. "Why not? I mean, if I get a chance, then why not?".

"DAD! I will tell mom!". I yelled and pushed him away.

He laughed and cupped my face. "Baby, you know me. I will never do that to Athena. I love your mother more than words could ever explain". He confessed honestly and I know how much my mom means to him. I have never seen a perfect couples other than my parents.

"You better not!". I sulked and smiled in tiny.

"If my sulking baby is ready to go home to meet her mother, Shall we?". He asked me gently and I happily nodded my head.

"Dad, is everything alright? You will never let me skip my classes unnecessarily. Then why now?". I asked him as he opened the car door for me.

"Sit inside, baby girl. I'll explain everything when we reach home!". He told me and I nodded in confusion.

Throughout the ride, he remained silent and this silence felt scary and uncomfortable. My dad never used to be silent when am around him. It was my mom's decision to send me to a boarding school when I was five because they both were too busy to take care of me. Still my dad wasn't happy with the idea of sending his only daughter away from him at the age of five. But he had no other go. My parents were working in different countries and they couldn't spare time for me. My dad will always try to find time for me to meet me once in every three month without my mother's knowledge. I still remember, he used to fly back to Rome from LA to meet me at my school with lots of toys and candis for I, Stacy and Emily.

"Home sweet home!". He beamed as he stopped the car infront of our home and brought me back to the present.

"Good to be back!". I chirped and jumped out of the car to see my mother.

I opened the front door with a thud sound and saw my mother dropping the flour bowl on the floor because of the sudden loud noise I caused. I bit my lips because I know now I am gonna receive a hear full from my mom.

"For heaven sake, grow up Jenni! See what mess you've caused!". She yelled at me and pointed her fingers at the flour that had spilled allover our kitchen.

"Umm... Sorry, mamma! I didn't mean to startled you. It's just that I was too excited to see you". I told her gently and took tiny steps towards her.

She glared at me and closed her eyes for a moment. Before she could open her eyes and yell at me again, I ran towards her and engulfed her into a tight hug. "I missed you, mamma!". I confessed honestly.