Chapter - 17

Author's POV :

It's been three days since Jenifer left Daniel at hospital uninformed. She couldn't wait to meet him again because she wants to know about his well-being. She was thinking about meeting him in this place but scared of his father. Laying lazily on the bed with Emily sitting beside her she was on the edge of crying.

"Jen, am hungry!". Emily whined but she didn't seem to hear her.

"I am talking to you only, Jen!". Emily nudged her but again she didn't seem to be bothered. Emily sulked and tried to stood up from the bed but Stacy stopped her.

"Here is your breakfast, Em". Stacy handed her a plate of vegetable salad and banana milk along with some dry fruits.

"She is not paying attention to me". Emily whispered and pointed her finger towards Jenifer. Stacy shook her head and hit Jenifer's head with a soft pillow.

"Ouch..". Jen yelped and sat on the bed.

"Finally, someone is back to earth uh?". Stacy mocked her and Emily laughed.

"Enough. I am not in the right mood to fight with you both". Jen frowned and averted her eyes from them.

"Oh, someone is in bad mood". Emily passed a teasing comment.

"Maybe she is in her periods and that's why she's sulking". Stacy joined Em and roasted the poor girl.

"Stacy, am hungry too. Where is my breakfast?". Ignoring their teasing comments Jen asked for food to fill her growling tummy.

"You are not getting any food for that little tummy of yours unless you tell us the reason for your bad mood". Stacy demanded seriously.

"Yes, what's running in this already empty head of yours?". Emily poked her fingers on Jenifer's head and asked her softly.

"Umm... Em... Dani... I mean, Mr. Adams was in hospital". Jen replied sadly.

"What? How do you know?". Emily asked quickly.

"What happened to my teammate?" Stacy was shocked to hear this.

"Someone shot him three days ago and Sean requested me to stay with him at the hospital along with Mr. Adams. That's how I know". She explained them.

"How is he now?". Stacy asked nervously.

"I don't know. I didn't meet him after that but Sean spoke to me yesterday and said Mr. Adams have been discharged from the hospital".

"This much have happened three days ago and you chose to tell us today?". Emily scolded her angrily.

"Why are you scolding her, Em? We even met Mr. Grumpy Peterson and he too didn't tell us. Go and scold him". Stacy defense Jen and hugged her. Jen hugged back her and cried softly.

"You idiot. See, you made her cry". Stacy again yelled at Emily.

"Gosh, Jen. Come here. I didn't mean to sound rude". Emily tried to calm her.

Jen sniffed and pulled away from Stacy's arms. "I wanna meet him, Emily. I wanna know how he is doing. I want to...to...to be with him so badly but am scared". Jen spoke in between her tears.

"Scared? What are you scared about?". Stacy raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"His father, Mr. Alessandro Adams is his name. He is scary". Jen replied slowly wiping her tears.

"What do you mean by he is scary? Did he hurt you in any way?". Emily questioned so.

Then Jennifer told them about how Daniel's father behaved with her and everything that happened in the hospital.