Sad Hamster

"Hmm..."

"Mhmmm..."

"Arghh!!"

Byul was screaming at her phone and almost throw it away after dying continuously in the game. Her younger sister who was just minding her own business, watch her frustrated older sister amusedly.

"Unnie....What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I'm just playing games."

String of curses could be heard after a while. Byul seems too preoccupied with something else to even focus on the game in hand.

"You're missing Yongsun unnie right?"

Byul shrugged her shoulder, her lips jutted out in a cute pout.

"Why don't you go out with your friends. It's your free time."

"It's not that I don't want to but....I can't have fun when she is sick."

Seulgi sigh.

"She is sick but you're not. She would have wanted you to go out."

Byul raised her head, look as if she was thinking about something then stood up suddenly.

"I'm going out."

"Finally yess!!"

"You're just saying that to take over the tv and the sofa."

"Hush...Go go...Go have fun."

Byul gone out that day but not to her friends. Instead, she has gone back to Yongsun's parent's house.

She has been on this door step countless times already but she still feels nervous regardless. Especially, being here alone.

Byul rings the doorbell. The door opens to a confused Mrs Kim on the other side of the door.

"Oh! Omo omo. Our youngest is here."

"Ehh...Yongsun? She is still in quarantine."

"Ani...Byulyi...Aigoo... Come inside, we were just setting up the table for lunch."

"Byul?"

Yonghee unnie take a peek from her position on the sofa to make sure it was really Moonbyul at their door.

The older girl couldn't hide her loud chuckle.

Byul raised her shoulder as if saying nothing is wrong with her being in Yongsun's house without Yongsun.

Well, technically it was Yongsun's parents house but tomato tomato.

They eat lunch together and eomma keep on putting lots of food on Byul's plate.

"Eomma stop that. Moonbyul might puke out all of the food if you keep on feeding the girl."

Yonghee reprimanded her own mother.

"Hush. You look so small these days. Did you not eat good food? Or are you on a strict diet again?"

"Ani. Don't worry. I'm just bit busy lately eomma."

"Aigoo. Same as Yongsun. Being too hard on yourself and just working and working."

Mrs Kim nag but her intention was clear. She was just worried about Moonbyul's wellbeing.

"How's soccer?"

Appa ask. Stopping her wife from nagging further.

"It's fine so far but we got everything on hold first before the recording begins again. Currently, I've been doing light practice with the team in the morning."

"I see. Your skills are getting better Byul."

"Oh. Thanks appa. I've been trying to get better at it."

They continue chatting about anything and everything. Especially on what Byul has been up to lately.

Eomma and appa leave the task of cleaning up to Yonghee and Moonbyul and walk to the living room to rest.

Yonghee was washing the dishes and Byul wipe them dry, placing everything back on the rack.

"Poor Yongsun getting sick. It's hard since omicron has taken over. Lots of people getting covid these days, left and right."

"I just wish I was the one who caught it instead."

"Byul ah. Don't say things like that. Shit happend. Your concert is scheduled this March and Yongsun has been running here and there like a headless chicken. God is giving her a timeout."

"Thanks unnie. I guess I feel better hearing that."

"Lets go to the cafe you love so much later Byulyi."

"Just you and me?"

Byul ask Yonghee. It's been a while since they have gone out just the two of them.

"Yepp..Wae?"

"Yong won't be mad?"

"Aish. Don't thinks too much. I'll text her and say that I'll be going out with you since you have been sulking."

"Yah! I'm not sulking."

"Really?"

Yonghee said. Raising both of her eyebrows.

"Hmph."

*Snap*

"Yahh!"

Yonghee laugh out loud, running away from Byul who tried to take away her phone. She look at the picture that she had captured and send it to Yongsun.

🦊 : *Sulking Byul picture

🦊 : Look. Your girlfriend is being sulky because you're sick and not with her.

🐰: Byul is with you?

🦊: Yeah with eomma and appa too. She looks devastated.

🐰: 🥺 Poor baby

🦊: Please don't be mushy here! I'll take her out later.

🐰: Ok thanks unnie. Don't try to steal Byulyi from me.

🦊: 👀👀👀

🐰: 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Byul had fun that evening with Yonghee. At least she could keep her mind elsewhere and not thinking too much about Yongsun being sick at home.

She still had a hard time sleeping without her girlfriend in her arms that night.

'It's only a week Byulyi. Only a week.'