Bly Manor

"Hey Yong. You know I love you right?Watching this story makes me realize that I would do literally anything to keep you safe. Even if it means I need to meet the woman in the lake."

It was eerily silent after Byul finished her sentences. Byul thought Solar would find it romantic. She does have lovely ways with words. Most of the time.

But instead of finding it romantic, Solar burst out shouting.

"Oh hell no!!!"

"Whyy?"

"I'm gonna strap your selfless self with my own bare hand on the freaking bed if that would ever happend."

"Kinky...."

"I'm being serious here! I'm not letting you go off to the lake. On your own!"

Solar hugs both of her legs close to her chest on the sofa. Her face on her knees, avoiding any eye contacts with Byul.

"I'm just speaking figuratively Yong...."

Solar doesn't move an inch.

"Baby, I'm not jumping in some lake out of the blue like that. You know how much I hate the water. Lake water is filthy by the way."

The older girl turn her face towards her girlfriend. Maybe she is being a little bit dramatic since Byul said that but it still irks her somehow.

"Sorry. I know you're joking but the possibility is uncanny."

"So.... You are mad at me...For figuratively speaking."

"Hmm...."

"Ddun..."

Byul hold Solar's left hand and laid a gentle kiss on those beautiful fingers. Easing her girlfriend so that she would explain more.

"You're not gonna do that right Byul...Please don't leave me."

"Of course I won't Yong....Ddunie...I wanna be strapped to you forever....Wait, should i rephrased that? Your eyes are sparkling weirdly just now."

"Shut up!"

Solar laughed out loud but find it irritating how quickly her girlfriend caught on her dirty thoughts. She throws a pillow right onto the younger girl's head almost toppling her off the sofa.

After getting her balance again, Byul straddled Solar's waist and they got into a tickle fight only stopping when Solar is out of breath.

Snuggling closer, face to face on the small sofa with the end credits of Haunting Bly Manor playing in the background, Solar whisper softly.

"But it is sad right?"

"The ending?"

"Yes...What makes me more devastated is when she waits in front of the door with the door cracked open just a little bit. Waiting for years. Every single night. Just waiting for her girl to come back home."

"To truly love another person is to accept that the work of loving them is worth the pain of losing them."

"Yah! Stop it Byulyi.."

Solar hit Byul's chest, maybe a bit too hard.

"What's the fuss....It's just a story Yong."

"It feels real... Too real. What if it happend to us?"

"No woman in the lake would take me away from you my Ddunie."

"Not that silly. I mean...Death...Dying."

"We are still young."

"I'm just saying."

Her girlfriend looks different when she asked those questions. She looks sad. Solar really is preparing for everything. Anything. She had always known what to do. Needing to know the what if.

Byul kissed Solar softly. Feather-light. Making her know she is loved.

"Then I'll open my door and waits for you every night."

"My ghost?"

"Yeah."

"You don't need to do that."

"Why?"

"If I were a ghost I would stick by your side forever."

"Ohhhh..Greasy Ms Kim Yongsun."

Byul teased her girlfriend then kiss her pouty mouth hard, leaving her breathless.

"One day at a time Yong. We will take it one day at a time."

"Sarangh......"

"I'm puking already. Both of you are sweetly gross and need to get a room."

"Unnie! When did you got back home."

"Well, I've just arrived and God help me I prayed to God while unlocking the front door that both of you are not fucking in front of the TV."

"Unnie!!"

"It was only once."

"Once but it scarred me to life. Thank God you're not fucking but what I'm watching now is sickeningly sweet I wanna throw up my dinner."

Yonghee give a mischievous smile and walks into her room after leaving her quick remark.

"When will the house finish renovating again?"

"A year-ish?"

"I can't wait to have our own place away from Yonghee."

Faintly, they heard "I love you too sis" from Yonghee's room.

Both of them let out a loud sigh and Byul drag her girlfriend into their room. Well, it's Solar's room for now but with how many nights she had been staying in the Kim's household, it should have been hers all this time.

One day at a time.

Author note:

Have anyone of you watch Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix. God it wreck me. But I'm thinking of rewatching it again.

Why do gays don't have any happy endings. Oh any happy lesbian series/movie that I can watch? Need to cleanse my soul lol.

A short one. Hope its cute enough. Cute like you👀