Chapter 40

Hullo, people! Yeah...um....it...took us forever to update this. So sorry!!!!!! ;-; -Your Faithful Writers-Lewis~Steve-

**************************************************

"Hellooooo?" A pair of hands waved in front of my face. "Earth to Mark?" Fynn raised his eyebrow at me.

"S-sorry," I stuttered and stared out the window of the helicopter. "I'm just a little tired."

What a lie, I thought, I'm practically buzzing with energy!

Ever since I had found out that my missing mother and my father had something to do with the C.C. although, I was a little shaken up that my mom was dead, but deep down in my mind I already knew that she was gone.

"Almost there, guys!" Piper called back from the cockpit. She had traded places with Fynn again.

"Good! I really need to use the bathroom!" Chase scratched the back of his neck.

"Hey, uh-" Fynn started but the helicopter phone started ringing.

"Hold on Fynn, call to headset," Piper ordered and the controls beeped. "637, Toledo Airway, four agents on board Detroit helicopter," She rambled. 

"Yes sir, I know you told us. Yes, I know the consequences, but with all due respect-oh. Okay. Thank you sir. I will think about it." Piper's expression hardened. Obviously she was talking to someone in authority back at the agency.

"Call off." Piper said sternly. We sat in silence until it was obvious she wasn't going to tell us what that was about unless we asked.

"Um, care to explain?" I asked hesitantly.

"It's nothing," Piper said quickly, a little too quickly. She slowly shook her head. "It was Gibson. He's super ticked."

"Thank God it wasn't Miss Simone," Chase shivered. "Or Todd Stinson. They give me the shivers."

"Shut up and let me fly in peace." Piper growled and glared at Chase from the corner of her eye. 

"Whatever you say, captain!" Chase slouched in his chair. "I'm gonna get some shut-eye. Wake me when we get there!"