Chapter 41

Yay!!!! Early update!!! (For once.... Shame on us!!!) Your Faithful Writers- Steve~Lewis~

************************************************************************************

We landed on the helipad with a loud clunk.

"Ew," Fynn yawned. "That did not sound good! Piper, are you sure you're a licensed helicopter pilot?"

Piper glared back at Fynn. "Sorry we can't all make perfect landings, have multiple girlfriends, have a part-time job and work in a top-secret agency program all at once."

"Yeesh, sorry." Fynn opened up his door and stretched.

"Where's the bathroom?!" Chase sat up quickly and busted his door open.

"Probably inside." I noted.

"Shut up! This is an emergency!" Chase flung himself out of the helicopter at an inhuman speed and practically flew into the building, through the fancy, black, glass double doors. Piper followed him, but at a slower pace.

"Hey, this is no rundown nursing home." Fynn ran his fingers through his hair.

"I thought the people at the Detroit base were nice." I said, finding myself acting like 'The Mom Friend'.

"Sure, if you like the smell of burnt beef and creepy bathrooms with purple dolphin night-lights." Fynn began walking toward the entrance and I followed him.

"Um, do you think that my mom was well known here?" I tried changing the subject to something less...well, old.

"Maybe this will answer your question," Fynn gestured to a shiny chrome plaque next to the doors.

Brenner Building. In memory of Thelma Brenner, head scientist and lab adviser for fifteen years.

"Well that's impressive," I swallowed and forced myself through the doors and into the building.