Chapter 3 My name becomes 'Mike'

• Dedicated to Mark, who needed the push

Hi everybody, CHAPTER 3 IS OUT!!!!! That's all we have to say. Enjoy! -Your Faithful Writers -Steve~Lewis- 

********************************************************************************

I never wanted to go back. I never wanted to be regular old Mark again.

"This way." Chase's voice brought me back to cruel reality, where Chase, Piper and I were standing awkwardly on the heli-pad. I followed Piper and Chase over to an elevator that took us to the basement level.

"Alright. Time for me to explain everything." Piper said as soon as we stepped onto solid ground.

I had a silent party in my brain. I had been so confused this whole time.

"So you have been chosen to be part of our new trainee agent program. That's when we choose once every five years. We will teach you everything you've ever wanted to know. "

"What if I don't want to be a-" I started.

"You gave your life to us when you took the survey." Piper walked over to a table with all kinds of weapons on the top. I was kind of freaked out by  this peice of information for obvious reasons.

 "Okay...what did you tell my dad?" I was suddenly worried about Phil and Dad. I had completly forgoten about them. 

"Um...He thinks you're at a daycamp for gifted children," She must have seen the horror in my face so added: " I wouldn't worry about it if I were you." 

For some reason I was still worried, but mostly for my now in danger reputaion.

"So what exactly is the 'program'?" I was actually afraid to ask.

"It's called the N.O.T.H.I.N.G. program or Nothing," Piper explained. She didn't look directly at me while she talked and I wasn't sure if it was because, if given the choice, no one would look at me.

"Like I mentioned before, we take random, unimportant kids out of the surrounding areas and train them." She looked at me as if she had just explained the most obvious thing In the world like how to use crayons. I still didn't get it.

"So why did you pick me?" I asked. I was still pretty confused.

"Because, you are random and unimportant," Chase answered. If he had mentioned single ,then he would have had my brother's pathetic Facebook status. I didn't have a girlfriend either, but I have enough self esteem to say that (yes, be amazed) Princess Peach is my girlfriend.

"Flattering, Chase." I answered.

"All right I hate to interfere a budding bromace, but no more goofing off." Piper rummaged through the variety of weapons until she found one she liked, and handed it to me. She had handed me a medium sized barrel gun, with a wooden handle that felt like it had just gotten a new lacquer job. It had gold letters printed on the handle, but it was some agent jargon that I didn't understand.

"Rule number one." Piper's voice startled me. "Always carry some sort of weapon when you're on a mission, and rule numder two,  know how to use it." We sat there in awkward silence for about 15 minutes, with the occasional clearing of throat from Chase.

"You have no clue how to use the gun." Chase finally came to a conclusion.

"I would be able to, if it were a video game..." I stared at the gun in my hands. It felt like I was holding some sort of alien device.

"Get your head out of your creepy video game life and into the real world, where you don't have more than one life." Chase said as he led us over to a shooting range. The words stung, but I knew it was true.