Chapter One

-YOUR POV-

“YOU DID WHAT?!” I yelled at my mom as she casually washed the dishes.

“I said yes.” She repeated herself.

I shook my head frantically, trying to wake myself up from this nightmare. This could NOT be happening! “Why would you do this to me?!” I asked her.

“He’s your father!”

“Barely!”

“You’re going to live with him for the summer, and that’s final.” My mom said, then stomped out of the room.

I stood there, frozen with anger. And so much hatred. My father abused my mom when I was four, about a month before my little sister Taylor was born, and now she’s shipping us over to his house for the summer just because he asked nicely?! I haven’t seen him in years! I’m 19 now, and Taylor is 15. Taylor was actually excited to FINALLY meet her dad. But she wasn’t haunted with the memories of her mother screaming for it to stop. I still can’t believe that my mom’s making me stay with that demon. “He’s changed!” She said. “He won’t hurt you!” She said. But she said that 15 years ago, too, when she kept taking him back. I swear if he lays ONE finger on Taylor, I’m going to rip his hand off and shove it up his-

“(YN) aren’t you excited?!” Taylor bounced into the kitchen, interrupting my thoughts.

“No.” I said dryly, then stormed off to my room to pack my things.

I was not looking forward to this. I’d planned to spend the summer with my boyfriend, David. But of course my mom decides to fly me across the country for the next three months.

I grew up in Washington DC, moved around all along the east coast the past two years, and now I’ve been living in NYC for eight months. I’ve been dating David for about three. Do I love him? Too early to say. But I definitely like him a lot.

“Alright, girls! Time to go!” I heard my mom scream from downstairs. I grabbed my suitcase, purse, and duffel bag off my bed and lazily dragged it all downstairs. As we drove away from my house, I looked back. I got the strange feeling it’d be the last time I saw it. But I pushed that idea out of my head because there was no way in hell I was living with my dad after these three months were up.

The plane ride was agonizing. I had to listen to Taylor talk NONSTOP about some band Big Time Rush. She was IN LOVE with these guys! And guess what my mom had told us before the plane ride? My dad is an assistant manager for the band. So of course Taylor won’t SHUT. UP. I don’t even like Big Time Mush, or Crush…Flush? Ugh I don’t even know. I don’t HATE them…but they’re from some stupid Nickelodeon show, I think I’m a little too old for that. I bet they’re all like fifteen anyways.

After the long plane ride was over and we finally found our dad, the reunion was anything but exciting. For me, anyways.

“(YN)? Is that you?” I heard some man say.

I recognized that disgusting being immediately. I rolled my eyes.

“No, it’s Santa Clause.” I said bitterly, then threw my bags into the trunk of his minivan.

“Dad?” I heard Taylor ask. I didn’t even have to turn around to know she was smiling wide with huge eyes.

“Taylor? Oh my gosh! You’re so beautiful!” I heard him say.

I turned to see her hugging him like…well like she’d just met her father for the first time.

I stood in front of the car with my arms crossed.

“Girls, I want you to meet someone-well, someoneS.” He laughed.

I took Taylor’s bags and tossed them in the trunk as well since she was just standing there like an idiot.

“Hey boys!” My dad called, and four of the most attractive creatures on this planet got out of the minivan.