Chapter Forty Four

-YOUR POV-

“Hi.” I smiled at the boy, tears streaming down my cheeks.

His expression softened and he smiled back at me, crying, also. “Hi, (YN).”

I walked over to him and hugged him as tight as I could, never wanting to let go. He kissed the top of my head and squeezed me back. I didn’t even care that I was getting soaked, I was just so happy.

Logan’s face was a mix of jealousy, pain, and confusion. He probably thought I was hugging an ex boyfriend or something.

“Who is this?” Logan asked me.

I smiled at Logan, grabbed his hand, then looked back at the 24 year old boy standing in front of me.

“Logan, I’d like you to meet my big brother. Brandon.”

Logan just stood there, his face showing a million emotions. “Wait... Brandon?”

Brandon smiled and I walked over to him hugging him around his waist.

“Hey.” He said.

“I thought...but (YN) said- you’re dead!” Logan was clearly as confused as I was.

“Wait, what?” Brandon asked.

I stepped back and looked at Brandon, who now looked super confused as well. We were all standing in a room soaked with confusion.

“You got hit by a car when you were eight.” I said to Brandon.

“Yeah...and then I went to a hospital and got better...I only had a broken arm and three broken ribs. I stayed at the hospital for three nights.” Brandon said to me.

My head hurt from all this thinking. “Then why didn’t you ever come home?” I asked.

“I went to live with dad.” He said.

Then it clicked. It was only three days after Brandon’s “death” that my dad left. After abusing my mom for it supposedly being her fault Brandon died. Then a couple months later he came back and tried to get rid of Taylor...but that was when my grandparents were still alive, so he probably had Brandon stay with them for the two weeks he was with us.

“So you mean to tell me that all these years you’ve been alive, and mom told me you were dead.” I said to him.

“Looks like it.”

Anger boiled inside of me. How could she do this!

“But wait,” Logan chimed in. “If you lived with your dad then where have you been the past month and a half (YN)’s lived here?”

“I was on a mission trip in Nicaragua.” He said. “And I flew back to America to an airport in Nevada then drove here.”

I stormed out of the room and snatched my phone off the kitchen table and called my mom.

“Why did you lie to me about Brandon?” I demanded when she answered the phone.

“What?” She asked.

“I’m standing next to him right now, you told me he died.”

“He did die...that’s what your father said.” I could tell by her voice she didn’t believe me.

I handed the phone to Brandon. “Talk to mom.” I said.

“Hi, mom.” He said. I couldn’t hear my mom, but from what I heard on his side of the conversation, she didn’t believe him at first but now she does and wants us to send her a picture of me and Brandon together.

After talking for about an hour with my mom (which was actually not that much considering she’d just realized her son isn’t dead) and sending her the picture, we cleaned up the foyer and changed Brandon into some of Logan’s clothes.

“By the way, Brandon, this is my boyfriend Logan.” I said.

They did a little hello, and we went into the kitchen to make some hot chocolate.

“I don’t know who James, Kendall, and Carlos are,” Brandon said, reading the sticky notes. “But they’ve really got something going on for me.”

Logan and I started laughing, Logan literally dying from his laughter.

Brandon and Logan were getting along very well, I was so glad.

“Just...ignore that, they’re Logan’s best friends trying to make him jealous.” I said.

We finished making the hot chocolate and headed for the living room.

“I can’t wait for you to meet Taylor!” I said to Brandon once we sat down, me and Logan on one couch, Brandon on another.

“Taylor? Who’s that?” Brandon asked.

My jaw dropped. My dad didn’t even tell him he had another sister.