Chapter Thirteen

-YOUR POV-

“I’ll be right back, okay?” He said, looking me directly in the eyes.

I just nodded as more tears filled my eyes. He gave me an apologetic look, a quick hug, then left.

He had changed into black sweats and a white v-neck and was holding a towel for me.

“You must be freezing.” He said, wrapping the towel around me. It was then that I noticed my teeth were chattering. How did I even miss that?

I had gathered myself to where I was able to speak. “I don’t think a towel is going to do much.” I stated. “Thanks, though.”

“Did you want to borrow some clothes? I might have a small t-shirt or something you can borrow?” He offered.

I nodded. Anything was better than these clothes.

He led me up to his bedroom and showed me where everything was.

“Just come downstairs when you’re ready. I can put your wet clothes in the dryer.” He said and I nodded in response.

I searched through his dresser and found a solid teal-green tank-top and a pair of gray sweats. I decided just to wear those.

I walked downstairs to see he was making some tea for us in the kitchen. He smiled at me and threw my clothes in the dryer for me. I tried to smile back but I couldn’t.

Once we were both at the table drinking our tea, he asked me the question I’ve been eager to answer but at the same time dreading to explain.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

I didn’t even hold back. I told him every detail of everything that happened from when we sat down for dinner to when he found me on the sidewalk.

By the end of it all the tears had started again, but not as harshly as before. I was pretty worn out from all the crying.

“I…I really don’t know what to say.” He said.

“There really isn’t anything you can say.” I said. “But just being here…that’s enough.”

He smiled warmly at me then picked up our empty mugs and set them in the sink.

BOOM!

CRASH!

The heck?! Thunder? Forget what had happened tonight, this weather was freaking me out..

“Logan, that doesn’t sound good.” I said, backing away from the windows.

He walked over to me. “I know. Let me check the weather.” He turned on the TV and I was astounded at what I heard.

“To all LA residents,” The weatherman said. “Stay INDOORS at all costs tonight. We are expecting part of a hurricane this evening. Do not go outside for any reason or attempt to reach loved ones. Keep away from all windows in case of damage, and-“

BOOM!

With a flash of lighting and a shake of the house, the power was out. And I was officially petrified.

Logan knew it, too, because he wrapped his arm around me and brought me downstairs. His basement was HUGE. It had a movie room, a game room, even a bar. We walked over to one of the couches in the movie room and sat down. I grabbed a blanket off of the arm of the couch next to me and draped it over us. I snuggled up closer to him, craving his warmth, his touch. My phone went off. I checked it to see a text from Taylor asking if I was okay. I texted her back to let her know I was safe, and then turned it off. I didn’t want anything else ruining my moment with Logan. I didn’t know what it was…but I loved being alone with him. I jumped as thunder shook the house again, and felt Logan’s arms immediately tighten around me. I didn’t dare move. This all just felt so…right. It felt different. I felt something that I definitely never felt around David.