Chapter Seventeen

-YOUR POV-

With my eyes narrowed into fiery slits and my voice harsh and acidic, I responded calmly, “I will show you the amount of respect you deserve for beating my mom.”

He stepped back in shock, and I pushed past him and upstairs to my room.

I threw myself on my bed, my head buried in my pillow. I wasn’t even upset, I was just SO mad! I looked down at my phone to see I had a text from Logan, asking what happened. I didn’t want to respond, since it was all too much to say over text, but he had iMessage so he knew I’d read it. I responded with a simple ‘too much to type, I’ll call you later, okay?’ It was only a few seconds later when I got the text back saying ‘Okay :)’ I decided that now might be a good time to check up on Taylor…

I walked over to her room. The door was cracked so I just pushed it open and walked in to find her sitting on her bed.

“How are you feeling?” I asked her.

She shrugged. “Better. I talked it out with dad last night, but I kind of wish you guys had told me earlier, you know?”

I nodded. “I’m sorry, I was trying to prevent all of…THIS…from happening.”

“I know, I understand. It’s fine, really.”

I was so glad she wasn’t so angry anymore. Whatever my dad told her must have really helped calm her down.

“Okay, then.” I said with a smile, then left her room.

I went back to my room and looked around. This is my new home for the next year… Wait a minute. I’m almost twenty. I don’t have to stay with him!

But clearly my mom isn’t going to let me stay with her, and I really don’t want to stay homeless for the next year.

I sighed. I might as well make this work.

I checked the time to see it was one in the afternoon. I figured it’d be best to call Logan and explain everything to him.

We wound up talking for about an hour. Just getting to know each other a little better, that’s all. Around four, I heard the doorbell ring. My dad had left to go finish some work, and Taylor has been on her computer all day. I sighed and got up off of the couch to go get it.

“I told you someone was home!” Kendall exclaimed, walking past me and into the living room.

“Oh shut up it’s not like we didn’t just walk in before!” Carlos argued, following him.

“It doesn’t matter!” Kendall yelled, his voice muffled by the distance.

“What if (YN) or Taylor were running around the house naked?! It matters!” James exclaimed, his voice trailing off due to the distance between us as he followed the other guys.

“Why would I be running around my house naked?” I asked myself.

“Just forget them..” Logan said, walking in last.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. “They’re ridiculous.”

He laughed and pulled me in for a hug.

“Hey, (YN)? I was-“ Taylor said, walking up to us. “Oh, sorry am I interrupting something?” She asked.

I smiled. “Nah, you’re fine. What’s up?”

“I’m gonna go for a walk. Maybe hit up the mall or something.” She said.

“Have fun. Are you sure you know your way around?” I asked.

“Yeah, dad showed me.”

I nodded. “Just call me if you need anything okay?”

“Okay, bye!” She said, then left.

Kendall, James, and Carlos poked their heads into the room, huge grins spread across all of their faces.

“Dammit.” I said.

“What?” Logan asked.

“Now I’m stuck with all of you…”