Chapter Fourteen

-YOUR POV-

I didn’t dare move. This all just felt so…right. It felt different. I felt something that I definitely never felt around David.

I woke up the next morning on the couch. Logan wasn’t anywhere in the room. I tossed the blanket off of me and got up, stretched, then made my way through the maze of his basement to the kitchen, following the smell of eggs and pancakes. I walked into the kitchen to see him cleaning some dishes.

“Good morning!” He said cheerfully.

I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What is it?” He chuckled, walking over to me.

“You are so cute.” I laughed, tapping his nose with my finger.

He just stood there and smiled at me.

“What?” I said.

“I’m just so glad I can see your smile again.”

Okay, how was I supposed to react to that negatively? I swear, I’m not bipolar. I just put last night behind me for the time being because I really like Logan. And quite honestly, I didn’t even care about David right now.

I felt my cheeks turn pink and I looked down at my feet, the shy person I am.

“You hungry?” Logan asked, obviously picking up on the fact that I was kind of tongue tied at the moment..

“Just a bit.” I said.

He gestured towards the table behind him that had two plates full of breakfast on them. “Shall we?”

I smiled. “We shall!”

After we’d finished eating, I decided it’d be best to check my phone. I had a few missed calls from Taylor and a text from my mom but that’s about it.

“Time for the fun part of the morning.” I groaned.

“What’s that?” Logan asked me.

I looked at him funny, thinking he was joking. “Cleaning up outside. There was a hurricane last night…haven’t you ever been in a hurricane before?”

He shrugged and shook his head. “You have?”

“Oh yeah. We used to get a lot of them back when I lived in Florida.”

“Really.” He challenged me. “Because last night you were acting as if that was the scariest thing you’ve experienced in your entire life.”

“It was!” I defended myself. “In Florida we’re prepared for them! Here it’s just random and out of the blue so it’s different.”

He nodded in understanding. “Well. I guess it’s clean up time then?” He asked.

I laughed and nodded and we headed out the front door.

This hurricane wasn’t that bad. Well, it technically wasn’t even a hurricane since the weatherman said it was only PART of a NEARBY hurricane. There was some trash and a few tree branches in the yard but that’s about it. After cleaning it all up, we headed inside.

“What do you want to do now?” He asked, then flashed me one of his adorable smiles, butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

It was then that I realized that everything he does gives me butterflies. Every move he makes, every breath he breathes, everything. I like him so much. I don’t even miss David because, honestly, I think I’ve liked Logan since the day I met him. Which technically was only four days ago, but what I felt…I couldn’t even describe it.

“(YN)?” He said, interrupting my thoughts.

I took the little bit of courage I had built up inside of me. I threw my arms around his neck and pressed my lips firmly against his.

I was insane.

What did I just do?!

This was insane.

I JUST got out of a relationship YESTERDAY.

But you know what the most insane part was?

He kissed me back.