Chapter Forty

-YOUR POV-

I clicked on the little iMessage icon to see who it was from.

My eyes widened in shock as I read it. I knew Logan could feel my body tense up and that something was off because he looked at me with confusion. The shock left my face and was replaced with my ultimate emotion at the time....I was dumbfounded. Beyond belief.

“Who’s it from?”

I looked back up at him, my eyebrows furrowed. “It’s from David.”

“David?” Logan asked, scooting himself so he was now sitting next to me...very close next to me. I felt the butterflies in my stomach when his bare shoulder touched mine.

I was wearing his tank top and some long, fuzzy PJ pants, and he was wearing a different tank top with PJ pants as well.

“What does it say?” He asked.

I didn’t even hesitate to show him. I mean, the most important thing in a relationship is trust, right? So if he really loved me he’d trust me to handle this situation correctly.

Logan nodded slightly and his face softened as he read the message:

“Hey (YN), I know we haven’t talked since we broke up a couple weeks ago, but I realized that breaking up with you was a huge mistake. There’s honestly nobody else better for me than you. You’re just so amazing. I don’t care how long you’re away from home, we’ll make it work. I would walk to California everyday just to see you. I can’t even begin to explain how much I’ve been missing you. Please forgive me and take me back, I’m just...sorry. I’m really sorry for being so stupid and blind and not seeing what I had when I had you. Please forgive me, (YN). We can work through this. That’s what people do when they love each other, right? xo”

I took the phone in my hand and texted David back, only to see that he read it immediately.

“What’d you say?” Logan asked.

I showed him my text I’d just sent.

“I forgive you.”

Logan nodded, and he looked hurt. As he started to get up, I pulled him back down, a warm smile on my face.

“Wait.” I said.

He nodded, and sat back down.

We both watched as David’s text appeared at the bottom of the conversation.

“Really?! That’s great<3”

I felt Logan sniffle a little bit. Was he crying? Or at least trying not to...?

I looked up at him. “Just watch.”

He nodded once again, then looked over my shoulder as I texted David back.

“I don’t think you understood that right. I meant yes, I forgive you for being stupid and thinking that you could just break my heart and get back together with me in three weeks when it didn’t work out with whatever girl you dumped me for. You can walk to California everyday if you want, I don’t care, but I won’t be sitting around and waiting for you when you get here.”

I pressed send, and looked over at Logan. He was just smiling widely and staring into my eyes, his a little watery.

“You almost had me there.” He said. “I thought I was gonna lose you that quick.”

He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back.

“No, you can’t get rid of me that easy.” I said.

“I wouldn’t want to.”

Suddenly we heard the noise of a text coming in from David, and we both looked down at the message.

“Please, (YN). You don’t understand how much I miss you.”