Chapter Twenty

-YOUR POV-

I woke up, fully rested. I’m not sure how long I’d been here or how long I’d been asleep for but I was very rested. I looked over at the sun, turning orange on the horizon. How beautiful, the sun is setting. Wait...THE SUN IS SETTING?! The guys must be going crazy! Uh oh..

I quickly made my way through the trail as fast as I could without falling on my face again. It took about half an hour but I finally burst through the trees and plants onto my backyard. After quickly covering up the trail, again, I made my way inside. I went in through the basement door, though. The basement is huge... I could just say I was down here watching TV the whole time?

I slowly walked upstairs. Taylor and my dad still hadn’t come home. I walked out of the basement door into the small hallway between the stairs and the kitchen. I grabbed my phone off of the table to see I had five texts and twelve missed calls. Ten from the guys, the other two from my dad and sister. I checked my texts-one from each of the guys and one from Taylor saying she was staying with my dad, who said he had to go out of town to San Diego for a few days on a business thing, meaning the house was under my (and technically James’s, Kendall’s, Logan’s, and Carlos’s) watch until he got back.

“Should we tell Jeff?” I heard Carlos ask the other guys if they should tell my dad...Wait, tell Jeff/my dad what?

“I don’t know! She’s been gone for six hours now!” Kendall replied sounding anxious.

I grinned evilly to myself, then slowly walked towards the room, hiding behind one of the walls to the entrance.

“Guys, I’m freaking out here.” Logan said. Aww!

“BOO!” I screamed, causing all of them to jump.

“(YN)!!” They all yelled, then tackled me in a group hug.

“Whoa, there, I didn’t know I was so loved!” I exclaimed.

“Where have you been?!” Logan demanded like an enraged parent. “I’ve-I mean we’ve been worried sick!”

I laughed it off. “I was in the basement watching TV, calm down guys!”

All of their faces dropped in disbelief. “You have GOT to be kidding me.” Carlos stated.

I threw my head back in laughter, dying at the fact that they actually believed it and that it was pretty funny how they’d been worried about me for so long. It was cute, too.

“It’s sweet for you all to care.” I said with a wink. Then I turned and walked back towards the stairs to go to my room. “By the way!” I called out to them. “The house is mine for a few days until my dad gets back, stay as long as you want!”

I heard faint cheering, smiled to myself, then went back up to my room.

My bathroom, thank goodness, is connected to my bedroom, so I went in there to clean off my hand. I had Band-Aids under my sink, too. But this cut needed something like gauze...it was pretty deep. I cleaned off all the blood and used some soap to disinfect the wound, then just lied down on my bed. We had gauze in the medicine cabinet downstairs, but I didn’t really feel like going down there.

I was on my computer, checking my twitter, when I heard a light tap on the open door.

“It’s open!” I called, smiling to myself at my own joke.

Logan walked in, shaking his head and laughing. “You’re such a dork.”

I smiled. “Whatcha need?”

He shrugged. “Nothing. Do I have to always need something?”

“I suppose not.” I sat up. “But is there a specific reason why you came here?”

His dimples deepened with his smile as his eyes sparkled, looking into mine. “Do I need to have a reason to come see you?”