Chapter Nineteen

-LOGAN’S POV-

“Logan, relax, just call her.” Kendall stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder in attempt to comfort me. It really wasn’t working.

“I tried! Her phone is on the kitchen table!” I exclaimed. And that’s when the worry really kicked in and I started to think the worst. “Guys.” I said. They all looked at me. “What if she was trying to go back around the house from the balcony, but she fell and hurt herself! Or someone kidnapped her..”

“Logan!” Carlos yelled. “Calm down!”

But I couldn’t.

What if she really was hurt..

-END POV-

-YOUR POV-

I looked around to find a little trail that went into the forest behind my dad’s house. Yes we have neighbors but the houses are a little more spaced out because the people in this area are rich and own a lot of land, so trees that seemed to go on forever basically surrounded my dad’s house. I was never much of a “nature girl” and hated being outside with all the bugs and stuff. I was a girl scout for quite some time, though, so I knew a lot about nature. I’m also naturally VERY curious, so, of course, I followed this little dirt path.

It was barely visible. I’m actually surprised that I even noticed it, considering I wasn’t very observant. Plants and a couple trees covered it, and if you looked at the right spot between the leaves, you could make out the path. I ran over to it and pushed my way through the wildlife guarding its entrance. I followed down the trail for about a mile. I was about to turn around and head back, figuring it lead to nowhere, until I saw a little opening just a short walk ahead. To save time I decided to jog to it and, being the klutz I am, tripped on a tree root. My hand landed on the edge of a sharp rock, causing a huge gash straight down the middle of my palm. The blood was gushing out everywhere. Thank goodness I had a high pain tolerance and wasn’t queasy around that much blood...I did my best to cover it up, but given that I was wearing an old t-shirt from my high school and jean shorts, there wasn’t much I had to work with. So I just let the blood drip down my fingers and onto the ground as I continued walking to the opening.

Once I finally made my way out of the woods, the view was breathtaking.

No, it wasn’t some majestic mountain scene with a lake at the bottom, or some really cool rock formation with a waterfall. It wasn’t a beach at sunset, or a huge rainbow or any of that fantasy crap. It was a meadow.

But it wasn’t just a plain, overgrown, tick-infested meadow. The grass was short and healthy. Maybe it was a certain type that just didn’t grow to obnoxious lengths? I wasn’t sure. And this meadow seemed to go on for as far as the eye can see. To all sides of me were trees. But ahead was the light-grassed meadow with wild flowers poking up every here and there. I could see all the way out to the horizon. I walked for a little bit and noticed a small stream running through the middle of the meadow. I instantly recognized it as a pure-water stream, meaning it was clear enough to drink. I ran over and put my hand in it, hoping to clean it out a little bit.

I looked around and found a few flat-boulder sized rocks scattered around the stream as well. I sat down on one and just thought about everything, cleared my mind.

I’m living with my dad. I have nothing left for me in NYC (well, except my future as a possible singer/dancer, but I could always pursue that here in LA). My mom clearly wants to get rid of me. I’m in love with Logan Henderson.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. HOLD UP. WHAT WAS THAT LAST ONE?! Sure I like him but I’m not IN LOVE with him! He’s in love with me, REMEMBER?! Plus I’m not even sure if my feelings for him are real or it’s just my desperation speaking... I should probably lay low for a while.

I found my eyelids becoming heavy and slowly falling down my eyes as the warmth from the sun radiated off of the rock and onto my body.

I woke up, fully rested, not sure how long I’d been here or how long I’d been asleep for, but that I felt very rested. I looked over at the sun, turning orange on the horizon. How beautiful, the sun is setting. Wait...THE SUN IS SETTING?! The guys must be going crazy! Uh oh..