Chapter Six

-YOUR POV-

I smiled back. “Thanks.”

We walked in silence for a few seconds.

“What’s your mom like?” Logan asked me. I was kind of surprised by the question.

“What do you mean?”

“Is she nice, mean, funny..?” His voice trailed off.

“She’s…well, a mom.” I laughed. “She’s pretty chill. We get along pretty well since she’s been a single parent her whole life, but I pretty much mother my sister. I feel kind of bad because Taylor was-“

I stopped myself. I was about to tell Logan something I’ve never mentioned to any living soul before, not even David. For some reason I felt like I could REALLY trust Logan! But I couldn’t tell him that much…too far and too soon. I JUST met him!

“Taylor was…?” He urged me.

“Is. Taylor IS. I meant to say that I felt kind of bad because Taylor is like my best friend. An annoying best friend, but I guess that’s how my sister is SUPPOSED to be.”

Logan nodded. I could tell by his face that he didn’t completely buy it.

“Your dad’s a really cool guy, (YN).” Logan said after a little bit. “I’m not sure what kind of person he was before, but he must have gone to therapy or something because he wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

I felt the tears forming as I remembered how every time my mom took him back, I thought the same thing. I always thought that my daddy wouldn’t hurt mommy again. We’d be a loving family and we’d maybe even get a dog someday. Just the thought of what my life could have been if he wasn’t such a jerk made me want to break down in tears right there. But I was strong. I was tough. I could hold it all in the same way I had the past 15 years. The only other person who knows that my dad abused my mom was my family and my boyfriend. Except David didn’t even seem to care…not the same way Logan does..

“(YN)? Are you okay?” Logan asked.

I quickly blinked back the tears. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

I looked at him and smiled. He was sweet for caring. “Yeah, I’m sure.”

He smiled back and I melted inside. I know I have a boyfriend and all, but he is SO. DARN. CUTE.

The way his dimples caved in and his eyes sparkled…

We continued walking and getting to know each other a little better. I found out that he’s much more than just some celebrity. He actually still has his sanity and decency despite being 23 and in a boy band. He was actually pretty cool and not as obnoxious as Taylor was when she babbled on and on about him and the other guys. I wondered how they were doing…I checked my phone to see I had forgotten to text David back, and it was already lunchtime.

“We should probably be heading back, it’s already two.” I said.

“Really?” He looked at his phone. “Wow. I swear it was eleven like twenty minutes ago.”

I laughed. “Time flies when you’re having fun!”

He smiled. “Or when you’re with good company.”

I felt my cheeks turn pink.

Whoa.

No. NONONONONO THIS IS NOT GOOD.

I. Have. A. B O Y F R I E N D.

Okay…calm down. I DON’T LIKE HIM. He’s a good friend, nothing else.

After walking back to the house, we walked in to find James, Kendall, and Carlos just chillin’ on the couch watching football.

“Um, hey guys.” I said, walking into the room. “Where’s my sister?”

“She left with your dad back to the office, then they went sight seeing. She said something about getting to know him better?” James answered.

“Okay, well…no offense but..why are you still here?” I asked them.

“Because the game’s on, duh.” Carlos said.

“But nobody that lives here is-“

“Don’t bother.” Kendall smiled and rolled his eyes playfully, waving away my question.

I shrugged and walked into the kitchen to make myself a sandwich while Logan joined the guys on the couch. I was so hungry.

After a couple minutes, James walked in.

“Hey, (YN) right?” He said.

I smiled. “Yeah.”

He smiled back and walked over to the pantry to grab a bag of chips. I just watched him then burst out laughing.

He looked at me weirdly. “What?”

“Do you guys like live here?” I said through giggles.

He let out a small chuckle. “Yeah, pretty much. We spend most of our time here since we live alone.”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course you do.”

“I might be spending a little bit more time here.” He smiled walking over to me.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, joking.

“Well he never told me how beautiful his daughter is.”