Chapter Forty Three

-YOUR POV-

We both just laughed and talked about stupid stuff while we finished eating our breakfast. We’d just finished cleaning the dishes and stuff when we heard a knock on the door.

Both of us stopped and gave each other the weirdest look.

“There’s a hurricane outside..” Logan said.

“So why is there someone at the door?” I finished his question.

We went to the other room and answered the door.

The second we opened the door, a boy dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans pushed pass Logan and I and into the house.

“Um, not to be rude or anything but who are you and why are you in my house?” I asked him as Logan struggled to close the door against the wind of the hurricane. Rain had blown in and is all over the foyer floor.

“Logan, get some towels for him and the floor, please?” I asked him after the boy didn’t answer.

Logan nodded and left the room.

I looked at the boy again, whose hands were shoved in the front pockets of his red hoodie.

“You can talk, right?” I asked him.

He looked up at me, and I saw his eyes were watery and turning red like he’d just started crying. Or maybe it was from the hurricane? I wasn’t sure. I looked behind him to see he’d carried in a suitcase. What the heck was going on here?

A huge smile spread across his face.

“You don’t know me?” He asked, that smile still plastered on his face.

I took a step back, my eyes wide. I knew that voice.

I should be super happy right now but I had no idea what to think. So many emotions were going through my head right now, the biggest one being confusion.

How could this even be happening right now? This is just crazy! This is not possible. This is NOT happening!

His expression changed to confusion and desperation when he saw the horror and pain on mine.

“You-you’re not real.” I said backing into the wall and pointing at him. “You’re not real this can’t be-you’re-I-“ I stammered.

I started getting cold sweat, backing even farther against the wall if that were even possible. Anxiety was taking over me and I felt my knees go weak. I tried to walk forward but instead toppled over myself, falling to the floor.

Well, ALMOST falling. Logan walked back in the room just in time to catch me before I fell.

“(YN)? (YN) what’s wrong?” He said to me.

I couldn’t talk. I could barely even breathe. I just gripped Logan’s shirt with both my hands then pulled him closer and threw my arms around his neck, gripping the back of his shirt.

I was hyperventilating and not exactly CRYING, but there were tears coming out of my eyes.

“What did you do to her?!” Logan demanded at the boy.

He stepped back.

“Nothing! I just, I-“

“Then why is she like this?!” I’m not going to lie, I would have been scared of Logan, too.

“S-stop.” I squeaked, trying to yell at Logan.

His face immediately changed from threatening to sympathy.

“What happened?” He asked me.

I put my finger up, as if to say ‘give me a minute.’

I remembered when I used to have these panic attacks almost everyday when Brandon died. I did what my therapist had told me. I closed my eyes and took four deep breaths, then slowly opened my eyes, again.

I found the strength to stand up, and walked over to the boy, who was still soaking wet, and standing in the foyer.

Logan, being the overprotective, adorable boyfriend he is, followed close behind me, hovering over my shoulder.

“Hi.” I smiled at the boy, tears streaming down my cheeks.

His expression softened and he smiled back at me, crying, also. “Hi, (YN).”

I walked over to him and hugged him as tight as I could, never wanting to let go. He kissed the top of my head and squeezed me back. I didn’t even care that I was getting soaked from his clothes, I was just so happy.

Logan’s face was a mix of jealousy, pain, and confusion. He probably thought I was hugging an ex boyfriend or something.

“Who is this?” Logan asked me.

I smiled at Logan, grabbed his hand, then looked back at the 24 year old boy standing in front of me.

“Logan, I’d like you to meet my big brother. Brandon.”