Chapter Thirty Six

-YOUR POV-

He looks at me with... love. Passion. Fascination. I can’t even explain it. I wonder how I look at him? Maybe I have to ask somebody else if I love him? But love isn’t determined by looks. And if I was in love with him, I would know, wouldn’t I? I wasn’t sure....I’ve never been in love before.

“Logan?” I said to him, interrupting the silence.

“Yeah?”

“Do I love you?”

He looked down at me, confusion covering his face like a blanket. “Do you love me?” He repeated my question.

“Yeah.”

His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to understand what I was asking. “I’m not sure how I’m supposed to answer that.”

“Well, I know that you love me by the way you look at me.” I tried to explain to him. “I was wondering if you could tell by the way I look at you?”

He chuckled a little. “And how can you tell by the way I look at you?”

“Your eyes, your face, it’s just so full of... this burning passion or desire. As if you’ve been waiting all your life looking for something you just found.”

He smiled real wide. “Because I have been looking all my life for somebody as incredible as you, (YN), and I finally found you.”

I smiled back at him, his eyes sparkling with desire. “That’s sweet.” I kissed him on the cheek. “And I really don’t mean to ruin the moment, you never answered my question. What do you see when I look at you?”

“First, I see this amazing girl that is to beautiful to actually exist in real life.” He smiled. I couldn’t stop smiling, myself. He’s just too romantic. “But then I see the same thing in your face as you do in mine. Except probably not as strong.” His face grew kind of sad as he said, “I know you really like me, (YN), I’m not saying you don’t. But you just don’t love me, yet.”

“How are you so sure?”

“Because if you truly loved me, you wouldn’t have to be asking if you do.”

It was quiet for a few minutes while we went back to watching the storm. Until I, of course, broke the silence.

“I want to love you.” I said blankly.

I heard him laugh a little. “You want to love me?”

“Yeah.”

“Just give yourself time. If it was meant to be, it will be.”

I leaned back into his chest and he rested his head on mine. Slowly, my eyes closed and I fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

BOOM! FLASH!

Once again, I squealed as the sound of thunder shook my house. I woke up with a start and immediately snatched the covers over my head. I couldn’t help but feel alone and...helpless. I felt around the bed.

“Logan?” I called his name out.

No reply.

Thunder boomed again and I squeezed my pillow. Where did Logan go?!

As the lightening lit up my pitch black room, I swore I saw somebody standing in the corner. But the person I saw wasn’t Logan.

I froze. It couldn’t be. It was literally impossible...I knew for a fact it was my mind playing tricks on me. This had all happened before when I was living in New York. Back when the...incident....occurred. My therapist had told me that it was just my way of keeping them with me. And that was true. So I knew that nobody was actually there, which, honestly, made me even more uncomfortable.

The lightening lit up my room again and I saw them standing in the same spot, smiling. My fondest memory of them.

I squeezed my eyes shut. I didn’t want to think of this, not now. ESPECIALLY not now.

I kept my focus out the window at the road. As the lightening lit up the road outside, I swore I saw what I had witnessed from my bedroom window in New York. I saw it happen again.

I screamed so loud I swore my mom could hear me all the way from New York City. I tried to suppress the tears that were welled up in my eyes, but I couldn’t. I tried to hold them back but it was too late. The memories were already flooding back into my mind, which caused the tears to start flooding down my cheeks.