Chapter Thirty Four

-LOGAN’S POV-

“Hey, Kendall...what’s up with you?” James asked, nudging him a little.

“Huh?” He looked at us. “Nothing.”

I rolled my eyes.

“You’re an idiot if you think we’re gonna fall for that.” Carlos said to him.

Kendall just shrugged. What was his problem? Why was he acting so different all of a sudden?

“Kendall.” I said to him.

He didn’t even flinch.

Did one of us say something? We were just talking about (YN)...that’s it. No, there’s no way. He couldn’t, could he? No he wouldn’t do that to me! But it has happened once before...

“Kendall.” I repeated, angrier this time. All three of the guys looked at me. “Do you like (YN)?!”

Kendall’s head immediately shot up in my direction, a mixture of disbelief, betrayal, and anger smeared across his face. “No!” He said. “Logan why would you even think that!”

“Why else are you sitting there like a freaking mute?!” I demanded.

“Because I’m jealous!” He exclaimed and we all froze.

“What?” James said.

“James, you have Halston. Carlos, not to make you feel bad, but you and Sammy dated for a while, and now Logan has (YN). I have a pig...” He said.

“Yuma is pretty adorable.” Carlos stated. James and I just looked at him.

“I-I don’t really no what to say.” I finally said.

“Forget it, guys. I’ll find someone, I just have to wait.” Kendall replied. “I’m gonna go to bed. Night.”

He walked out of the room, headed towards the basement where he was sleeping tonight.

-END POV-

-YOUR POV-

I felt kind of bad leaving the guys down there. But I just wanted to be alone...sometimes I need a break from people. Anyways, the thunderstorm was getting much worse and more like, well, a hurricane. I eventually got tired of hiding under my covers and decided to go downstairs with the guys. At least Logan would be there...I always felt so safe around him, so secure. As I was making my way downstairs, I saw Kendall leaving the living room. I was about to walk in to the room to say hi to everyone when BOOM! I swear my life just flashed before my eyes. The entire house shook from the thunder and I SCREAMED for my life. Without thinking, I immediately grabbed onto Kendall, squeezing him as close to me as possible as I hid my head in his chest. I swear I didn’t mean anything by it...that was my fear acting.

I could almost sense the confusion that must have been on his face as he hesitantly reached up to pat my back.

“There, there...” He said awkwardly.

I pulled away and felt my cheeks flush a bright red.

“S-sorry.” I said. “I swear that was instinct.”

I went to go stand next to Logan, but then yet another loud boom of thunder shook the house and I grabbed onto James this time.

The guys all stared at me.

“I’m sorry!” I exclaimed, then went over and hugged Logan. “THERE. THAT’S how it should be.”

As if on cue, thunder shook the house, yet again, for the third time this minute, and I squeezed Logan. I felt his arms wrap back around me, his body heat warming me. I cannot even describe how amazing this felt.

They all just laughed.

“I’m kind of insulted. Your instincts told you to avoid me.” Carlos said in mock offense.

I rolled my eyes. “So where are we all sleeping tonight? And by we I mean you because I am NOT giving up my room.”

They laughed and I leaned into Logan’s side, both of us still holding each other.

“Well, I was planning on sleeping one of the couches in the basement.” Kendall said.

“Us too.” James and Carlos said at the same time.

I nodded then looked up at Logan. “What about you?”

He winked at me as he said, “I could sleep with you.”