Chapter Twenty Four

-YOUR POV-

That’s definitely a lot to take in- a celebrity being in love with you from the moment they laid eyes on you? I don’t know that just sounds...surreal. Logan couldn’t just be saying that to me, he couldn’t just be playing me. He wouldn’t do that!

Would he?

I woke up the next morning around eleven. I was still exhausted from the day before, so I just threw on some sophees with the cami I was already wearing and had an uncooked poptart for breakfast. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. First thing I saw on the news?

“Logan Henderson from the Nickelodeon boyband, Big Time Rush, was spotted yesterday with an unfamiliar face. Is she just a new friend? Or is she something special? The Big Time Rush fanbase, known as Rushers, is going crazy over this picture we found of the two of them.” The new reporter said. A picture then flashed onto the screen of me and Logan walking together, mid conversation, laughing our heads off, clearly having a great time. “The hearts of the Rushers have been beating with anticipation for Henderson’s take on this photo. Later today we’ve scheduled an interview with the young star, to ask him about not only his new music, but his possible new love interest. No name is given to her pretty face, but she has everyone wondering if-“

I turned the TV off. This could NOT be happening! No. I couldn’t have this happen. This isn’t MY life, it’s HIS! I don’t want to be followed by paparazzi!

‘Come over, we need to talk.’ I sent Logan the text. I saw that he read it, but didn’t respond.

About ten minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

“You saw the news, didn’t you...” Logan asked, walking into the house.

“Yeah. And I’m not happy!” I exclaimed. “I don’t want to be stalked by cameramen and reporters the rest of my life!”

“What do you think is going to happen if you become a singer?!” He asked.

“That’s why I want to be on Broadway!” I explained. “They don’t get followed around!”

“Look, I’m going to an interview today. I’ll explain to them that you’re just my assistant manager’s daughter, nothing else.”

I felt my heart drop. “That’s all I am to you?” My voice became quiet.

His eyes immediately filled with regret as he crossed the space between us and wrapped his arms around me. “No! Of course not!”

I didn’t feel very reassured, but I knew he meant it.

“That’s just what I’m going to say.” He continued. “I’ll tell them that you just moved back in with your dad, so we became friends and I was just showing you around LA. Which is pretty much the truth.”

“Just leaving out the fact that I like you and you like me.” I stated.

He smiled. “Pretty much. If you want you can come to the interview, too? The rest of the guys will be there, also. We’re kind of a package deal since we’re known as the band...”

I smiled. “Really? Oh my gosh that’d be so much fun!”

“You might want to wear something nice.” He laughed. “Not that you don’t look beautiful right now, but you might be on national TV if they ask you to come out with us...”

I laughed with him. “Don’t worry, I wouldn’t dare step out that door looking like this.”

“Awe, come on, Cover Girl,” He said. “You shouldn’t think like that.”

I smiled.

Did he just call me cover girl?