Chapter Three

-YOUR POV-

“Kendall.” He said with a shrug, then smiled. “But close enough.”

I laughed. “Oh..sorry.”

He smiled then walked over and sat my bed. “It’s fine.”

“So I’m guessing you’re taking a break from Taylor?”

“No, she’s adorable!” He laughed.

“More like annoying.” I mumbled.

“Nah, we love our fans. They’re amazing.” He smiled.

I just nodded. I couldn’t smile today. Just being this close to my dad set me in a bad mood.

“I actually came in here to check on you.” He said. What the heck…we just met. He doesn’t know me.

“Um, thanks. But I’m fine.” I said, trying not to be rude.

“You sure? You seemed a little angry.” He stated.

I stopped putting away my clothes and looked at him.

“Look, Kendall, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, I understand you’re just trying to be nice and you’re probably a really good person, it’s sweet…but I just met you and I don’t really feel comfortable telling you my life story.” I was really trying to be nice about it…he wasn’t trying to upset me.

“No, it’s fine. I totally understand.” He said, standing up. “If you ever do want to talk, though, I’m here.”

I smiled. He turned and walked towards the door, and just as he exited the room, I called to him.

“Kendall?”

He turned around. “Yeah?”

“Thanks.”

He smiled then walked back to the living room with Taylor and the other guys.

The day passed by in a haze. My dad came home, the guys left, dinner came and went, and before I knew it I was in my bed, texting David as I fell asleep.

But there was one thing I couldn’t get off my mind.

More like one person.

No, it wasn’t David.

I just remembered the way his eyes sparkled when I met him this afternoon. The way I had automatically wanted to know more about him, to get to know him. The way it had felt wrong. It wasn’t love. It was longing. Like I’d been waiting to meet him my whole life and deep down inside I’d known it, but for some reason I never knew who it was.

But now I do.

Logan.