Chapter Thirty Eight

-YOUR POV-

Logan held me closer to him, as if that were possible, and kissed the top of my head as I just cried into his shoulder.

“It just hit him and kept on going as if nothing even happened.” I said. “And they were never heard from again. I watched somebody carelessly kill my brother.”

“Shhh...” He said, rubbing my back.

One thing I appreciated was that he didn’t tell me it was going to be okay. EVERYONE says that, but that’s almost never the case.

Logan didn’t say anything. There wasn’t really anything for him to say.

I was just so glad he was with me.

After what felt like an hour, but was probably no more than ten minutes I was able to calm myself down enough to only be crying silently. No noise, just tears falling down my face every few seconds. After living with the pain of missing Brandon so much for so long, I had more control over the hole in my heart that was created back then. Every now and then, like tonight, I’d just have a break down and want him back so much. Most of the time, I was able to just suppress all the pain and keep it all inside whenever I thought of it.

“Where did you go?” I asked Logan, pain in my voice. “Logan, why would you leave me?”

I saw his heart break in his eyes. He looked down at me with so much guilt and regret.

“I-I’m sorry.” He said. “You told me you wanted me to sleep in the guest room, I didn’t want you to feel like I was forcing myself on you or whatever by staying in here. I’m so sorry.”

He tried to pull me in for a hug, but I pushed him back so he could look me in the eyes.

I smiled at him as I said, “Thank you. So much. I can’t even explain how much it means to me that you actually respect me that much.”

And then I did what I’ve wanted to do all night. I grabbed his face and pulled it close to mine, crashing our lips together. I kissed him so passionately, as if I hadn’t seen him in years. His hands made their way down my back and to my waist, pulling me closer to him. My hands felt their way into his soft brown hair, as his lips moved in synch with mine.

Without breaking the kiss he turned so now I was lying on top of him. I pulled away a little bit, then kissed his lips a couple more times.

“Where did that come from?” He asked.

“I love you.” I said, then froze. WHERE DID THAT EVEN COME FROM?! I wasn’t even sure if I did love him! No, scratch that. I’m DEFINITELY sure that I love him now...BUT STILL! “I’m sorry.” I said, my had immediately flying up to cover my mouth. I was still laying on top of him, one of my hands laying flat on his chest, the other on my mouth as his hands still held my waist. “I’m so sorry I don’t even know where that came from. Ohhh my gosh I can’t believe I just said that.” I ran my hand through my hair.

“(YN), (YN), calm down.” He said, taking my hand off of my head and placing it back on his chest, then covered my hand with his. “Why are you apologizing?”

“Because,” I attempted to explain to him what was going through my mind right now. “We went over earlier that I don’t love you yet, but just now I said I did and I don’t want you to get hurt or anything and-“

He quickly pressed his lips to mine.

Well that’s one way to shut me up.

When he rested his head back on the pillow, the grin on his face was so huge, if he smiled any more his cheeks wouldn’t even be noticeable. His dimples, on the other hand, were so adorable. I couldn’t help myself but to calm down a LITTLE bit. I was still stressing over what I just said.

“You said that it came from no where right? You just said it?” He asked me.

I was confused, but I went along with him. “Yeah...”

“Are you 100% sure you don’t love me, yet?” He asked me.

I felt my cheeks flush a bright red as I mumbled, “More like 0%.”

“And by that you mean....”

I just rolled my eyes and smiled. “Logan Henderson, I love you.”