Chapter Twenty Nine

-YOUR POV-

He turned on the TV and Big Time Movie started playing. I sunk back into the couch, my face turning bright red.

I am so done.

He turned around to face me, a huge smile on his face. “Really?” He said.

I nodded, avoiding any eye contact with him.

He sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. “That is adorable.” He said.

“And embarrassing..” I said under my breath.

“How?” He asked, sitting up to look at me.

“It’s weird!”

“Is not! You’re allowed to be obsessed with me...” He said.

My jaw dropped. I was gaping at him as I said in disbelief, “I am not!”

“Really?” He asked. “Open your computer.”

I was confused, but I did as he asked and soon regretted it. Sure enough, his twitter profile filled the screen.

“I can explain!” I said.

He threw his head back in laughter. “How did I know you’d be stalking me on twitter!”

“I wasn’t!” I defended myself. “I was seeing why I had 12,000 followers and a bazillion mentions!”

He stopped laughing and looked at me weird. “Wow. Already?”

“Yeah!” I said.

He took my computer from me and went through all of my mentions, smiling at a few of them.

“Aw! My Rushers are so sweet!” He said.

I scoffed. “Or I’m just that amazing.”

He rolled his eyes.

“No but seriously where are the other guys.” I repeated the question I’d asked a while ago.

“Oh, they went home.” He shrugged.

I crawled across the couch to him. “Why didn’t you?”

“I wanted to come here and spend time with you. Should I leave?” He asked.

I shook my head as a smile spread across my face. “Actually, WE should leave.”

His eyebrows came together. He’s so cute when he’s confused. “What do you mean?”

I stood up and grabbed his hand. “Come with me.”

-END OF POV-

-LOGAN’S POV-

I felt her fingers wrap around mine as she pulled me downstairs and out the back door.

“Where are we going?” I asked her.

She stopped and looked back at me with sparkling eyes. “Just trust me.”

I smiled, and then followed her as we made our way down to the tree line. She pushed away some branches and bushes that revealed a path. I never knew this was here...of all the times I’ve played football in the backyard and run into the woods to catch the ball that Carlos refuses to throw at me vs. the trees, I’ve never known about this path. It seemed to go on forever. When I looked straight ahead of me, I saw nothing but trees. The path took a sharp turn after a little while, but after that it was just forest as far as the eye could see.

“Cover up the opening.” (YN) said. I turned around and put the tree branches and bushes back to their original places and followed right behind her. The path was very narrow, so we could only go single file.

“Is this where you fell?” I asked her as we walked along the path, her arm outstretched behind her so I could hold her hand.

“Not in this exact spot, but yeah it was on this path.”

We walked in a comfortable silence for about fifteen minutes, just the sounds of nature filling our ears.

For some odd reason, she pulled her hand away from mine and brought her arm back to her side.