Chapter Sixteen

-YOUR POV-

He held out his hand and I grabbed it. We walked out to his car and then drove off to my house.

“Logan?” I said once we were on the road.

“Yeah?”

“What did you mean about the whole love at first sight thing?” I looked down at my hands in my lap.

“I meant what I said, (YN). You may not believe in love at first sight, but I know that I love you.” He said, completely serious.

I sighed. “I think things are going way too fast.” I said. “Can we slow it down a bit.. this is all a little much.”

“Of course we can!” He said. “I don’t want to make you uncomfortable in any way, alright? So if there’s anything I can do, just let me know.”

I smiled. What a gentleman. “Okay.”

“You may not love me back, yet, but you will. Just wait.” He smirked.

“Challenge accepted.” I winked at him.

We continued to joke around the rest of the car ride. I don’t know how he did it, but he seemed to make me forget about all of my problems.

My problems that I was reminded of as we pulled into the driveway to find my dad’s car in it.

“Wish me luck.” I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

He looked at me sympathetically. “I’ll text you, okay?”

I nodded then stole a quick kiss from him before getting out of the car.

I cautiously walked into my house, closing the door lightly behind me, tip-toing to my room. But I had to cross through the kitchen to get there, and of course my dad was pacing back and forth, waiting for me.

“Where have you been?!” He exclaimed.

I debated whether or not to tell him the truth. I decided to just come out and say it…he loves Logan like his own son.

“Calm down, I was with Logan.” I said.

I could tell by his expression he didn’t believe me.

“Look, I was walking and then it started raining and Logan found me and took me back to his house. My clothes were soaking wet so we threw them in the dryer and I borrowed some of his clothes.” I tugged at the tank top I was wearing. “Then I slept over there.”

My dad looked me up and down, then said without any expression, “I thought you had a boyfriend.”

“We broke up.” I said.

“Why?” The way he said it made it sound more like a demand than a question.

“None of your business!”

“Yes it is!” He shot back at me.

“Not really, I’m almost 20 years old, dad, my life doesn’t concern you anymore.”

“I will not have my daughter be one of those girls who hooks up with every guy she can!” He exclaimed.

My jaw dropped to the floor as I stared at him in disbelief. “I didn’t have sex with him!” I screamed. “He was just doing me a favor since you’re such an ass!”

Then he got angry. I wasn’t going to lie, I was scared out of my mind. But I didn’t let it show.

“YOU DO NOT CALL ME THAT. I AM YOUR FATHER AND YOU WILL SHOW ME RESPECT!” He bellowed.

With my eyes narrowed into fiery slits and my voice harsh and acidic, I responded calmly, “I will show you the amount of respect you deserve for beating my mom.”

He stepped back in shock, and I pushed past him and upstairs to my room.