Chapter Twenty One

-YOUR POV-

“It’s open!” I called, smiling to myself at my own joke.

Logan walked in, shaking his head and laughing. “You’re such a dork.”

I smiled. “So whatcha need?”

He shrugged. “Nothing. Do I have to always need something?”

“I suppose not.” I sat up. “But is there a specific reason why you came here?”

His dimples deepened with his smile as his eyes sparkled, looking into mine. “Do I need to have a reason to come see you?”

I didn’t say anything, just shrugged.

“You okay?” He asked, sitting down next to me.

I nodded.

“(YN).”

I sighed. “I mean I’m alright. Still kind of bummed over being stuck here for a year. I want to go home.”

“Oh.” He nodded. I could tell that his face fell.

“Not like that,” I said, giving him a reassuring side hug. “I just miss it. And my mom.”

“What did you do in New York?” He asked abruptly.

“What?”

“Like, did you have a job? You told me you took a year off college to figure out what you want to do with your life. Did you find out what you were going to do?”

I turned towards him a little bit. “That was random.”

“I’m just trying to figure out what it is that you want to do there so badly that you can’t do here.” He sighed.

I nodded in understanding. “Dance and sing.” I said.

Then he started laughing. Why was he laughing?

“Um...Logan...” I said, hoping for an explanation.

“Sorry,” He said, calming down. “It’s just that...you’re trying to be a dancer and singer, yet you want to move away from Los Angeles.”

“There’s no Broadway in California.” I said.

He rolled his eyes. “Broadway is BORING. It’s so much more fun in California!”

I shrugged. “I guess.”

He stood up and held his hand out. “Come on, I’ll show you how much fun this city is.”

“Won’t people notice you?” I asked him cautiously.

“Of course, but its LA! This place is basically crawling with people that are bigger celebrities than me, so I don’t really care. Plus, getting noticed is kind of part of the job...”

I smiled and reached out to grab his hand.

Big mistake.

“Oh my gosh, what happened?!” He asked, holding my hand and looking down at the three-inch gash across it.

“I, um...” I was trying to come up with an excuse, a way to avoid telling him about the path. “I fell.”

“On what, a knife?!” He exclaimed.

“A rock.” I shrugged it off.

He looked at me weird. “Did you want to put something over this, like a Band-Aid...or a glove...”

I laughed. “I have some gauze downstairs, I’ll just get some of that.”

He nodded. “Don’t die on the way down there...”

I rolled my eyes.

After I fixed my hand up, we left to walk around LA. It wasn’t anything special. We acted like best friends the entire time. We didn’t even hold hands! We went shopping, he showed me some really good restaurants, and we just walked around.

We were stopped almost the entire time by his fans, though. When we were at the mall for three hours, only about one hour was spent on shopping. In the rest he was signing autographs, taking pictures, or just talking to his fans. A couple asked for me to be in the photo, so I was, but for the most part I was the one holding the camera. These...Rushers?...were all very sweet and...well, knowledgeable. You and Logan are friends? I’ve never seen you two together before. He’s not following you on twitter! There’s no way you’re dating, Logan hasn’t had a girlfriend since-You get my point. Anyways, by the time we got home it was eleven thirty.

We were back in my room, and I literally just walked in and flopped down on my bed. Logan came up and lied down next to me. We were facing each other, lying on our sides. He wrapped his arm around my waist, resting as far down as my lower back. I snuggled a little bit closer to him.