Chapter Twelve

-YOUR POV-

I looked down at the pair of shoes stopped on the sidewalk right in front of me. My eyes widened in fear. I didn’t DARE look up at their face.

I decided that I should listen to that voice telling me to get the heck out of there.

But it as too late.

I watched as the pair of shoes approached me.

Out of nowhere I felt the dirt next to me shift as somebody sat down next to me. What were they doing?

Then, a pair of strong arms wrapped around me. I recognized that smell. I knew exactly who it was.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

Logan.

The tears of fear had stopped, but they were only a fraction of the ones streaming down my face.

I looked up at him with misery-ridden eyes. He looked down at me with two beautiful chocolate brown ones and I just looked down and leaned onto his shoulder and sobbed. I shifted myself so I was hugging him back and cried. I didn’t even bother holding back. I just hoped I wasn’t annoying him. After a few minutes of this, I started to feel bad.

“I’m-sorry-“ I blubbered.

He pulled away from me and held my face in his hands, wiping away my tears with his hands. “Don’t be.” He said. His expression was sympathetic and his eyes were full of sincerity.

I shook my head and stood up. It was quarter to one and I knew Taylor would be freaking out. I couldn’t care less about my dad.

That, and I was SOAKING wet. Thank goodness for that waterproof phone case I made Taylor buy me last Christmas.

“I should go.” I said, trying my best to regain my sanity.

“You do realize that you’re about a forty minute drive or two hour long walk from your house right now.” Logan stated, getting up to stand next to me.

My eyes bulged, which kind of hurt my vision considering I still couldn’t see through the tears and puffiness.

“Come with me.” Logan said and held out his hand.

I really didn’t have a choice. So I grabbed it.

After pulling me next to him, he wrapped his arm around my wait, pulling me closer. What was weird is that I didn’t mind it. I liked it. I felt safe, like nothing could hurt me.

Trying not to be obnoxious, I cried silently to myself. Just letting the tears fall. I tried not to sniffle for as long as I could but eventually I didn’t have a choice. The second I did sniffle, Logan looked over at me.

“Almost there.” He said, then kissed the top of my head.

But for some reason it wasn’t like an ‘I love you’ sort of kiss. It was more of a ‘I’m here for you’ kind of thing. We walked for a few more minutes then up the driveway of what I guess is his house, and finally inside. We were both soaking wet.

I heard the rain splashing against the window in a full-on downpour. This weather was really starting to worry me, it wasn’t normal…

“I’ll be right back, okay?” He said, looking me directly in the eyes.

I just nodded as more tears filled my eyes. He gave me an apologetic look, a quick hug, then left.